23

July 20, 2022
same day

Liyah pov

"Liyahhhhh." I heard coming down the hallway. I looked and seen it was Asia.

"Omg i missed you so much girl. how's my niece." Asia asked as she hugged me.

"Girl you just swear its a girl, but the baby is fine. She said my next appointment we might be able to tell!" I said as I hugged her back.

"Cause my baby is a girl." Asia said.

"Girllllll we gone see." I said laughing.

"We sure is and girl why did I get on facebook and seen Von got shot. I tried calling Kira but she didn't answer. Now she ain't at work. She must be taking it bad. Do you wanna ride to her apartment with me on our lunch break?" Asia asked me.

I froze. I didn't even know what to say. Do I tell her or do I let Kira tell her.

"Um Kira isn't at home. She's at her moms. A lot of stuff went down the last couple days Asia." I said

"What happened?" Asia asked with a curious face.

"I'm gonna let Kira tell you." I said nervously.

"Not to make this situation or whatever it is about me but why am I always the last person to know. I feel like y'all are always keeping secrets from me. You and Kira have always been more closer but times like this I really wonder if i'm even considered y'alls bsf anymore." Asia said seriously.

I didn't even know what to say. I would never want to hurt my best friends feelings like that. I have realized i'm always telling Kira stuff before Asia but I don't mean it like that at all.

"Asia i'm sorry. I would never want you to feel like that. We don't keep things from you but this one thing is not my business to tell. I only know because I was present at the time and her brother told me. We love you and we will always be best friends." I said hugging her.

"Thanks Liyah and I love y'all too." Asia said hugging me back.

****

Kira pov

"Kira get yo ass down here and eat." I heard coming from outside my bathroom.

I was sitting on the shower floor letting the  cold water hit my body. I haven't felt like this in years. I felt like I was slowly drowning. Not in water but in blood. I don't know if i'm being haunted or i'm just loosing it.

I heard my door open but I didn't move. Next thing I know the water that was once falling on my body had stopped. I looked up to see my mother standing over me.

"Kira baby what's going on. Why are you sitting in here like this." My mother asked.

I opened my mouth to speak and no words left. I looked over to the right of my mother and there he was smiling at me. Haunting me like he didn't deserve to die.

My mother walked out the bathroom and I heard her call someone. I just sat there wet and cold and listened to the conversation.

"Khalan what the hell is going on." I heard my mother say on the phone.

"What you mean ma." Kd said

"Your sister is sitting here in the shower with all her clothes on and not speaking. She hasn't ate since she got to my house and we both know that never refuses my cooking. What the hell is going on." She said yelling.

"Ma imma come by later and talk to her I don't know what's wrong." Kd said.

"I'm scared Khalan, I haven't seen her like this since y'alls father died. Did she really love that Von boy that much." I heard my mother say.