"Shut up," Milo says hearing a surprise gasp from Javan. Milo eyes narrow as a frown appears on his face.

"Excuse me Mr. Zhang?" The teacher looks at him appalled. His mouth slightly agape.

Milo adjusts his nerves before saying, "Stop degrading him, you're job is to only teach and guide your students. Yet here you are mocking one of them as if that's right."

Milo regrets his choice of words instantly, though he didn't regret defending his friend. Looking at the man in front of him who's angry his heart pounds.

"Mr. Zhang! I excepted this type of disrespect from him, but you," he points towards Milo, "Never thought you'd even think of talking like that."

Milo surprises himself when he actually responds, "You were being out of pocket for the things you were saying, and this person right here?" He points to Javan then back at himself, "Is my friend, and he's a good person despite his flaws."

Mr. Hiller's face contorts into a deeper frown, as the wrinkles above his eyebrows grows deeper. 

"Detention both of you after school!" Milo gasps hearing the room of his first period teacher's door slams.  Judging by the heavyset man's reaction it was clear to Milo he had been embarrassed.

Milo sighs his first time getting detention and it sucks because he wondered what he did wrong?

"That old fuck? Does he think I'm going to detention?" Milo hears Javan says watching as he turns to leave.

"Where are you going? We have to go into his class," Milo tell's Javan causing him to look back.

"You out of your mind that fool just disrespected us and you wanna kiss his ass by going into his class, and listening to some bullshit that happened fifty thousand years ago? I could give a damn what nigga discovered America! This country ain't shit anyways!" Javan scoffs storming off, leaving Milo behind.

Milo heaves before walking in the other direction. He never skipped class before, but here he was skipping. Two rules broken in one day.  He walks the long hallways looking down at his tennis shoes. 

"Ouch watch where you going!" Milo collides with a young petite girl, pretty brown skin, and some pretty hazel eyes. His face heats up once he realizes he's been staring for too long.

"I'm sorry," he reaches to help her up knowing she fell on her bottom because of him. She takes his hand letting him pull her up. Milo watches as she fixes her short skirt. He looks away not wanting to seem perverted.

"Thanks," she says to him flicking his bottom lip, "But next time watch where you going." Milo feels bubbly at the action, as she walks past him. The smell of honey champagne follows her. 

"She's very pretty," he says to himself continuing in his direction.  "Maybe I'll ask her out when I see her again?" Milo asks himself. His side throbs once more distracting him from his thoughts.

"I think it's time to find somewhere to sit down," Milo says to himself walking into the Libary. The Librarian waves at him and he gives one in return walking past her desk towards the back.

His little corner with the beanbag chair waited on him. Welcoming him as he took a seat in the cushion. He pulls out his phone making sure it's on silent as he scrolls through the apps, clicking on Instagram.

His finger clicks through different pictures of different people. Khalil pops up on his page after a few minutes. A picture that was posted two hours ago.