Chapter 18 : Down the Rabbit Hole

Orlando, FL

Amiir Makai Bennett

"Yo?" I questioned as I pulled into the parking lot "yea, come up nigga" Rah said making me laugh. "You was supposed to be ready nigga. I got out of the car and headed inside, the elevator door opened and some girl bumped into me on her way out "sorry" she said lowly, walking past on her toes. "What's yo name?" I asked stopping the elevator door.

"Malieny" she smiled walking out. By the time I got upstairs Rah was already waiting at the elevator "why the fuck I had to get out the car" I scrunched my face up "nigga, because I asked" we rode down in silence.

"Ol girl I seen in the lobby?too good" I shook my head making him laugh "what she look like?" He asked "fuck that! Her name Malieny, you know her?" He laughed getting in the car, "nah, ask Bless" he said as I started the car. I waited a little before pulling off. We were almost in Miami when rah started talking above the music "so when is yo ass finna settle down?" He asked and I scoffed "nigga I know yo ass ain't talking, you walking around here with a harem hirahm" I responded.

It was a little quiet before we both started laughing "ion do pointless shit, I like shit to mean sumn." I said as soon as the laughter died down. "I get you, why you think I'm in the situation I'm in?" He asked, more stating than anything "cause you think with yo dick nigga" I said my thought out loud catching the both of us off guard, we laughed and shook our head.

"Nah nigga for real, I love all of them. Somyari my first love, she gave me my son ima forever love parts of her even when we not together. Alara means everything to me, she held me down at my lowest and stood by me until I eventually level out you feel me and Alana was there after Alara left, that was planned as fuck but still like she really was there even though lara asked her she could've said no." He spoke truthfully, I shook my head understanding where he was coming from "they all special to me tho" he finished.

I finally pulled up at the restaurant. "But who do you love more?" I asked turning the car off, we both got out and walked into the restaurant looking for our family. "There they go" Rah said pointing over to a big ass table making me roll my eyes.

My Momma, father, Aunt Sy, Espy, Yena and my uncle Maad, Vonni and Dell, Bless, Raii, Leilei, Sasa, Maj, Rah and Me. Why we ain't just have lunch at home?

"Why we ain't just eat food at home?" Rah asked as we sat down making me laugh "that's what I'm saying" I shook my head "y'all shut up, always playing" Bless said narrowing her eyes in our direction.

There was an extra chair at the table, before I could ask who it was for Cai stood up and walked out of the restaurant. He came back in with Jadi "hi everybody" she said softly "baby take that sweater off, you sweating cats and dogs" my aunt espy shook her head making Jadi laugh. After our food came Cai cleared his throat and looked over at Bless "right now?" She asked and shook her head.

She stood up and started passing out little gift bags. Once everyone had one she pulled out her phone to start recording. "Okay, y'all can look now" Jadi smiled, I noticed her and Sasa didn't have a bag.

I pulled out a onesie with a blue and pink pacifier on it. I looked up and was the only one confused "I am too young to be a grandmother" my Aunt had tears in her eyes as she got up to go to the end of the table to hug Sasa and Jadi "now take this damn sweater off, before you have a damn heat stroke girl! Got my grandbaby in there hot" she laughed, wiping her face. All of our parents were smiling and hugging each other, I loved my family honestly.

We all sat and talked for a long time after, we planned their gender reveal, everyone asked Bless how long she knew. She said she found out a few days ago when Sasa asked her to help, we ordered dessert and then my uncle Vonni got the bill.