Chapter 6: New and Improved

3 years ago

Dear love,

             I know this ain't how we normally speak to each other. I just couldn't look you in the face and give you this news, I love you with everything in my heart. When you said you needed to grow up, I finally heard you for you. I'm not trying to put weight on your back, so I'm sorry. I got rid of the baby thinking it was the right thing to do. My mom liked that lol, don't come looking for me. I can't bare the pain of what I did or how I hurt you. guess this is goodbye forever.

"MA" Hirahm Yelled searching around the house for his mom. "MA!!!" His voice cracked. His birthday had just passed, one hundred and twenty missed calls to Somyari later and he finds a purple letter hidden in his mail.

"Ma, read this" he pushed the paper at her, finding her in her room laid up with his dad. "Boy wha-" she started to say "READ IT PLEASE!" He began to cry.

She grabbed the paper, skimming over the words quickly. Her jaw dropped, she grabbed Hirahm and squeezed him tightly. She rummaged through the papers on her desk finding a similar envelope. Ripping it open she read the words and shook her head. "She went off to kill her self" her voice cracked.

"Oh my god" Hirahm broke down. Semaad sat there clueless, Syrahbi made a mental note to fill him in about the letters, she already told him about the pregnancy.

Present Day (three years later)

Blessing Allure Smith - (now 22)

I turned the key into my parents house, I haven't been home in a year "who the hell coming through my do- BLESSING ALLURE SMITH" my momma ran into me making me laugh, she cried.

"How? Oh my god" she smiled touching her chest. "I made VP" I smiled shrugging my shoulders she yelped making me laugh harder "I'm so proud of you, I wish I knew you were coming, I have to cook" she walked off and went into the kitchen. I went upstairs to my old room, it was different since I moved out two and a half years ago. They re-did my paint and put in a new bed set. Cleaned and fixed my closet, I see my momma had a lot of time on her hands to be doing this. I got comfortable on the bed realizing the mattress was new too.

5 hours later

"MOMMA COME ON WE HUNGRY" i heard Hirahm yell, I opened my eyes looking at my momma closing the door. "Come on baby girl" she cheese smiled "when I fell asleep?" I asked her looking down at my phone.

Taiji: You touched down safe?

13 Missed Calls from Taiji🫃🏾

I laughed, texting him back, letting him know that I was just sleeping. "You hungry?" She whispered "yes ma, why you talking so low?" I asked "shh" she said, I followed her to the kitchen "stay right here" she whispered to me.

I stood behind the wall laughing. "Finally" I heard my father say making me laugh harder she sat down "Wouldn't it be so nice to have your sister at dinner?" She said "hell yea!" Hirahm said making me smile "ima call her after" he said putting food on his plate "your fat ass, you not gon wait for me to eat?" I asked coming from behind the wall.

Him and my Dad looked like they were so shocked, he ran over hugging me. "When did you come back?" He asked squeezing me.

I'd been away from home for two and a half years but I hadn't seen Hirahm in person since a little while after he turned 16.