Chapter 4: New Years Resolutions

(Next chapter is a time jump)

Miami, FL

Cai Saleem Vasquez

"Happy new year, can we leave now?" I asked rolling my eyes "where you trying to go fifteen on new year's night?" My momma scoffed "Bless and Miir said they finna take us to a kickback" I smiled at her making her laugh.

All my aunts and uncles started laughing too. "My nigga" my pops punched my arm "you did too much" I straightened my face.

"Y'all better hurry up befo I change my mind" he said making me walk to the door fast. "YALL COME ON!!!" I yelled "Vonni them ain't all yo kids" my momma said making him laugh "exactly YALL all my kids, dem my grands" he said serious making all them laugh.

Everyone came downstairs "y'all keep these damn kids safe I ain't playing" my Aunt Sy said with a straight face.

I sucked my teeth "Momma we good" bless said before she rushed us all out without saying later to anyone. It been tension since Christmas.

We pulled up to the party and walked straight in, they walked us to a big ass movie room. Y'all stay in here we finna lock it from the outside. "This ain't no fucking party" I sucked my teeth and everyone agreed. "Y'all ain't finna smoke no weed or drink so what y'all wanna do?" Bless laughed "Hookah, now" Amanii said quickly and blessing stared her down making her look away.

She left out, coming back to two hookah set ups. Her, Amiir and Amiir left out locking the door.

"Y'all smoke?" I asked my sister and my cousins

"No" Amanii scrunched her face up.

"You know we do" Caelei and Simaj laughed, I laughed with them pulling the stuff to roll out my pockets. "Yo Manii, try dat" I tossed my weed pen at her.

4 hours later

The door unlocked and slid open "my bad" a soft voice filled my ears making my eyes open. "You good baby girl" I smiled standing up "you look like the baby boo" she replied smiling, damn. I smiled back at her.

"How old you is?" I asked "how old are you?" I corrected myself. "I'm eighteen" she responded back softly. "I turn sixteen in February" I touched the back of my neck. She looked at me for a while with an expression I just couldn't figure out.

"How bout dis, when you turn sixteen. Ask yo cousin for my number" she got closed and whispered in my ear before walking out. I smiled stuck in my own thought, I didn't notice Blessing and Amiir come back.

We all loaded in the car and drove to get food, it was damn near 4 AM "y'all done played y'all damn selves getting high" Amiir said rolling his eyes "just let us eat we gon be good" I smacked my teeth "nigga shut up, Manii barely up y'all ass better hope they sleep" Blessing said shaking her head "my momma know weed smoke from anywhere" they both said laughing a little. We ate, bought our parents some food and then headed home.

Everyone was sleep when we got in. Good ass start to the year.

5 weeks later

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINSSSSSSS" Blessing yelled when she rolled up. She had Amanii, Amiir, Simaj, and Hirahm in the car with her.

"Who car?" I asked hoping in after fitting our bags in the back "I rented it for y'all" Blessing said nonchalantly. She was taking us down to Atlanta for our birthday.

"Roadddddddd trip" Amanii sung "everyone better figure out what they want for their birthday because everyone's is before mine and I already have everything situated for me" she responded softly "I want to go to the Bahamas" Amiir said she looked at him "I'll give you money for you I'm not funding a whole trip. She rolled her eyes.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU" he yelled making me laugh.

"Ummmm" I said "no nigga, you got your gift already" she said making me laugh. "Shorty wid the braces, she said ask you fa her number" I smiled "who Jadiere?" She asked me "ion know, she eighteen, braces and was at that party." I rolled my eyes at her.

She gave me her number

Cai🫶🏽: yo, this my angel from the ew years party?
715-334-0203: My birthday party?
Cai🫶🏽: you 18?
715-334-0203: yes, who is this?
Cai🫶🏽: you said ask for yo number when I turn 16
715-334-0203: lol, oh okay this blessing cousin.
Cai🫶🏽: yea, shol is wassup witchu
715-334-0203: happy birthday twinn 😂🫶🏽
Cai🫶🏽: how you know ima twin?
715-334-0203: Sing story, lol
Cai🫶🏽: who sing?
715-334-0203: umm.. your cousin ?

"Blessing, who tf be calling you Sing?" I said making her laugh "everybody, y'all just getting in the crowd" Amiir spoke up making me suck my teeth.

Jadi💜: Jadiere, but everyone call me Jadi
Cai🫶🏽: Cai, everybody call me Sasa
Jadi💜: Sasa? Lol
Cai🫶🏽: find out baby girl

read 4:05 pm