Chapter 7

3 years ago
Los Angeles, CA

Somyari Lee Aniko

"Thank you so much" I squeezed my father tightly. "Does anyone know your here?" He asked carrying my bags into the house. "No" I lied thinking about the very detailed letter I wrote to Blessing. A part of me wanted her to read it and the other, very large part of me wanted her to hate me forever and shred it.

"Well good, if these people are anything like you say then you don't need to be around any of them, ESPECIALLY your mother" he said sternly waving his finger around. I rolled my eyes as my back was turned, I loved my dad but he was very racist I have no idea how he got with my mom.

Over the next six months I tried to run into my dad around the house as little ass possible. I had a job interview today so I was getting ready "hello?" I answered my phone dryly putting it on the dresser "what you doing boo?" This girl who I met at school said, I couldn't really remember her name "getting ready I'll call you back" I huffed.

My shirts weren't going over my stomach anymore, I pulled a sweatshirt over my head. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs "DAD IM GONE" I yelled before waddling to the garage, my second month here my dad got me a car because he "didn't trust" Uber drivers. Either way I got a brand new car so I wasn't complaining.

2 years later

"Rahmyi stop running around, have a sit so you can eat" i said sternly looking over at my son as I put cereal in his bowl, he was literally his father's twin. "Pawpaw" I yelled for my dad, he limped into the living room smiling. "Hi bud!!" He nearly screamed making Rahmyi laugh.

I smiled, missing a lot of the things my old life came with. The percs of being loved by people who didn't have to love you.

"I'll be going to Janie's now" my dad got up and headed out the door "that's the third time this week" I called after him "she keeps me young!!!" He yelled back making me laugh.

"Now let's get you to your god mother house, ya mommy got work" I picked Rahmyi up and walked out of the house.

Present Day

"Somya come get this bitch at the door cause I'm finta do her ass in!" I heard tamia "your god mother can't even answer the door without being a hood boogie papa" I sat Rahmyi on my hip as he laughed. We walked to the door to see what the problem was "nah cause these hoes ain't got no manners" I heard a soft voice "hi can I help you?" I stood by the door looking down at the beautiful baby hugging my side, when I looked up it felt like all the air was sucked out of my lungs.

"Hirahm?"
"Somyari?" We asked at the same time, I watched as he looked from Rahmyi to me. I smiled nervously "how did you find out where I was?" I asked confused, I put Rahmyi down and lightly pushed him aside, he ran off and the next thing I knew I felt two hands grip my neck. "Oh hell no!" Tamia yelled "Hirahm let her go" My eyes darted over to Blessing who was grabbing at his hands.

I was scared as shit but joyful at the same time, he let me go "what's wrong with you, come on!" She grabbed him up by his shirt yelling, she pushed him infront of her to walk down the pathway.

When she turned around my heart dropped, she looked at me in disgust. Never breaking eye contact, "we'll be back tomorrow" she said as she picked her bag up off the floor and walked after her brother.

I waited until the got to the middle of the loop and in their cab to close the door. "What the fuck was that? Who were they?" Tamia started with a line of questioning and I laughed "that's Rahmyi's dad and his sister" I laughed some more.

"Wait, what?" She scrunched her face up in confusion "that's Rahmyi's dad and his sister" I said again chuckling "his dad and his sister" I said again, this time with tears running down my face.

Two hours later after telling Tamia the whole story I was bawling "and now I just feel so fucked up, like my mom did the same thing to my dad and I said I would never do that now look where I am" I cried, I watched Tamia shake her head in disapproval. I started to get mad "I'm already feeling bad you don't have to make me feel worse" I snapped.

She laughed before grabbing her bag and getting up "I can handle a lot of things, the poor decisions and all the other things you come with" she started. Even though Tamia was real ghetto she was put together, more put together than a lot of hoes out here act like they are, Tamia actually had something going for herself and she didn't take no shit, that was just her personality. "But I can't deal with a liar, you lied to me that's one and two you want me to sit up here and feel bad for you when you took the majority of Rahmyi's family out of his life for no reason" she said. I tilted my head to the side "for no reason?" I was about to go off but she held her hand up to stop me "because he wasn't ready? He was only fifteen and you said you made the choice before even talking to him first about keeping it, HE WAS TRYING TO GROW UP AND YOU LIED ABOUT KILLING YOURSELF AND KEPT HIS SON FROM HIM WHERE YOU GONNA DO IT FOREVER? FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE?" She yelled.

It was taking everything in my not to jump over the couch and just do the bitch in right here. "Listen, I grew up without a dad and all I know is. If I actually had a dad and I found out my momma was lying telling everyone he dead for her own selfish reasons? I'd be mad as hell" she said the last part through gritted teeth and walked out the door slamming it. "HE IS MY MUTHAFUCKIN SON!" I yelled out to no one in particular.

"My son!"