1st year - Class D, Ginpachi-sensei!

Third Person PoV

In a dirty apartment,  rested at a dark corner was a man with notable curly silver hair. The interior was messed up, with dirty clothes and chip bags scattered around like a maze, not to mention the copius amounts of empty sake bottles lying around the room.

The lights were off, with only a sliver of light shining through the dark atmosphere, barely reaching the sullen-looking man who was in his late 20's. Aside from his silver hair, the next notable thing about him were his crimson eyes, which lacked the light it used to-- and at present his eyes were duller than grey.

" God, my head hurts." He muttered to himself as he pulls his knees closer to himself, while gripping the strands of his curly hair. 

He leans his head against the wall, releasing a deep sigh of resentment. Not towards anyone or anything, only to himself.

" ....I could really go for a strawberry parfait right now." He easily envisions it, the very image resonating within his mind and body. " Ah. but speaking of which..." He groans. " I already surpassed my weekly parfait consumption this week. I'm at Diabete's door step if I go for more..."

As the man absent-mindedly trails his eyes around his room out of pure boredom, they suddenly stopped on a certain shelf which consisted a picture frame, and a few Kendo trophies. What was a bored gaze soon turned into one of longing and miserable thought; his alcohol-tasting lips slowly drooped to a frown as he felt his heart feeling empty once more, without the company of alcohol to drown the numbness.

"....."

He somberly grins.

" ' The night is darkest just before dawn ', huh...."He mouths softly.

Gintoki hangs his lead low with a sigh.

" Sorry, Shoyo."

......

" Even if I keep my eyes open, the night is still dark."

~~~~~~

" Huh? You want me to be a teacher? ME?" 

" Yes, Sakata-kun."

Later in the evening, a man in his wise years, had knocked on his apartment door. Gintoki, who was fresh from the hangover, thought that it was his nagging landlady again; reminding him of the dreadful rent he'd been avoiding for the past 2 months. It's a miracle he wasn't officially evicted yet, but some part of him suspects that the land lady pitied him enough to let him stay just a while longer.