Mr. Demon 2

Mr. Demon POV

It's been a month since the kid has been playing with me everyday.

I still did not understand.

Why me?

Kids are shy at first, yes.

But throughout all my centuries of living, I've seen many kids eventually growing out of their shell, taking the first step, and eventually making friends naturally.

So why is she not the same?

" Mr. Demon! " She calls me again.

" What is it?" I asked.

" I went by the bookstore with mommy yesterday." She started.

I nodded, confirming that I was listening.

" I found a book about mythology! Um...apparently demons look less human and more....scary? " she said in a confused tone.

She continued,

" I tried to look for a drawing that looks like you...and it did show me a drawing of you....but....for some reason, Mr. Demon was being referred to as a.....F......Fa.....Fa..." she completely forgot  the last part of her sentence.

" Fallen Angel?" I decided to say.

" Yes! That's the one!" She said.

" I was so suprised that Mr. Demon was an angel!" She said.

" Keyword; Was." I clarified.

Indeed, I was once an angel. And I could say with full confidence, that I was the strongest one.

But...like some fallen angels, I broke a rule which casted me out from the heavens.

" Um....but why was the book saying that Fallen Angels are bad? They're still angels, right?" She asked me with a curious tone.

" Fallen Angels are Angels that broke a rule from Heaven." I said in the most simple way.

It seems she managed to piece something together with it.

" So....Mr.Demon broke a rule....and then punished?" She said.

I nodded,

" I broke a rule and they decided to throw me down from the Heavens. And then I ended up here."

And somehow, after many centuries, I encountered a little thing like you who is unafraid of a creature like me.

" B-But why?" She asked in shock.

" What do you mean 'why'? " I asked.

" Mr. Demon is a good person! And that punishment is too much.....isn't Mr. Demon sad that he got kicked out from home? " she said.

I almost laughed.

The way she phrased it was funny in a way.

" But I did break a rule. I'm no different from the rest of the demons now." I said.

She shook her head, refusing to believe it.

" No! Mr. Demon is definitely a good person! " she said.

I sighed and patted her small head gently.

" It's nothing to worry about. I'm not sad at all, in fact, I have no regrets." I said.

Indeed, I had no regrets breaking that rule.

I finally got to experience many things in this mortal world.