Injury

The time was late at night, and Barcelona was playing against Manchester United in the Europa League. You had been dating Pedri for over a year now, and you always managed to come support him in the stands, especially for big games like this one. You were sitting in the stands with some of the other girls who were here for their boyfriends and husbands.

The atmosphere was mixed, you could feel the tension because this game was very important to win, for both sides. But your faith was in Barcelona and in your boyfriend, Pedri.

He was playing tonight and your eyes were on him the whole time. He was playing amazing, as he always is when playing, and it was easy to know because he was a target the whole game.

But the United players were not playing around either; they wanted to win, and they would do anything to win this game, especially because they were playing away from home and needed the advantage.

The game was still 0-0 and you started to begin to get worried for Pedri. He was making faces of discomfort, and his facial expressions showed it whenever the camera was focused on him.

It was only the first half, and he felt like he couldn't continue anymore. He sat down on the grass, touching his leg, which was uncomfortable for him.

The medics rushed to the pitch while a few players were standing around him, asking if he was okay. While the medics were quickly examining him, you were standing there in the stands, just worried about him, praying it wasn't bad.

After what felt like forever, they took the decision to sub him off because he wasn't in the right state to continue playing. You didn't know if it was a bad injury yet but seeing him walk off the pitch in pain was enough to break your heart.

He looked annoyed and disappointed. He had talked about this game for a while, showing his excitement to play, and now it had ended like this.

You couldn't continue watching the game after he left the pitch. You were too worried about him, and it was seen by the others. They told you to go and check on him; it was soon halftime anyway.

You were sitting near the stairs and entrance, so it was easy for you to go down the tunnel, straight to the physio room. You were nervous, not knowing if you even wanted to know how badly injured he was, but you walked over to the physio room and there he was, laying on the bed with nothing but disappointment and discomfort in his eyes.

No one else was in the room at the moment, only him and you. You walked over to him and let him hold your hand. He took your hand like his life depended on it.

"Is it bad, bebè?" You asked as you looked at him with worry.

"I'm out for a whole month," he sighed as he rubbed his face in annoyance.

"I'm sorry," you leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead. You were angry and annoyed like him; the United players had played dirty, and your boyfriend had taken the consequences of that.

"Don't worry, amor, I'll be fine," he saw the worried look on your face and placed his hand on your cheek to softly caress it. He didn't want you to worry about him.

"I know, baby, but it's not fair," you sighed as you sat down on the bed. You brushed his hair away so you could see his beautiful face.

"Te quiero," (I love you) he said as he looked at you with a smile. He said those words almost every minute, and every time he did, you felt butterflies in your stomach. He loved how much you cared for him.

"Te quiero" you said back before placing a kiss on his lips, hoping he would have a speedy recovery so he can play on the pitch again.

-

💙❤️AN: ok so this is my first Pedri imagine, I hope it was a good read, I will make the future ones longer but I just have to get used to writing for Pedri, I'm so used to writing about Mason Mount but I'm very excited for this book. I also have studied Spanish for seven years in school, so I hope I can use my knowledge here too now and then 🤣