05• Our movie date

Several days had passed by, and the weather seemed to have improved dramatically. The sunny days replaced the cold, whether that happened in less than a week couldn't hide the reason behind my nervous, heated body.

Friday was finally here, most girls would be excited to spend extra time with their crushes, but my situation was different. My mind kept wondering about different situations on how tonight would end up. I changed for the fifth time, then surrendered to my misery.

I mastered the courage to call Victoria, who had become my friend four days ago. It shocked me at first, but as we began chatting and hanging out, two days felt less than fourteen hours. Although she seemed unreasonably friendlier toward me, her personally slowly drew me in.

Within seconds of dialling, a soft, sleepy voice hummed and whispered. "Hey, pretty." I could hear the huskiness of her voice before she coughed.

"Accept the video call." I blurted, still amused by how comfortable I was around her.

"Hmm? But, I look horrible." As Victoria lowered her tone, I imagined her pouting her lips.

"I need your help with... a night out." My eyes slightly shut whilst a smile crossed my face.

"A night out!" She screamed, then accepted the then pending video connection.

Victoria looked different from her usual style. Her temporary altered, light-brown eyes widened at the sudden lamp light. I watched her pull the white duvet over the pink, satin night dress while her messy dark brown hair rested on her shoulders.

"Quit looking at me like that." She playfully hit the screen, "your date might wait the whole night."

"It's not a... date." I whispered as she stared questionably at me.

"I have said that before."

"Okay! Help a girl out." It took a while for her to give up on the topic. Every after suggesting an outfit, she would ask about my date. Despite her persistence, I managed to diverge the topic continuously with 'it's a secret affair.' After half an hour of selections, I was fully dressed for the night.

I rushed down the stairs – beaming happily and fixing the strands of hair that escaped the loosely curled braids. My eyes scanned my body at every turn until I opened the door. Immediately, the night breeze sent a shiver through my body as I tightly hugged myself.

The loud message alert on my phone caused me to flinch, then relax upon seeing the contact. "Five minutes." That's what Noel's message read. As he predicted, the dark blue car stopped at the entrance when the clock hit 6pm. Excited and nervous, I boarded the car and relaxed upon inhaling his scent.

"Are you nervous?" Noel's tone was calm, at the same time, he informed the driver to start off. My gaze was fixed on his evening attire. Luckily, it put me at ease about my casual outfit. "We are not going to a fancy place."

"How did you know that's what I was thinking about?"

"It's either that or you can't get your eyes off me." His relaxed smile was so contagious that I couldn't hold mine back. Noel quickly held his hair up, then put a black cap on. The loose strands of hair caressed his neck and brought my attention to his pierced ears.

"You – you have piercings?" I blurted out, then covered my mouth. "I thought- I – Ugh!"

"You are overreacting, it's only two in each ear." He frowned as he stared out the window. "It was a year ago for a certain brand and it paid well. I took this type of haircut that day too." I was dumbfounded by his sudden openness. Noel had always been secretive and inexpressive.