02• Our study date

"Noel?"

"Noel!" An excited voice echoed in the space, which caused Noel to wave a hand whilst he walked out of the room. Evangeline giggled as she raced towards him, then wrapped her arms around his back. "Come on, don't play hard to get." She laughed while they walked away.

"Why was I getting ahead of myself." I whispered, though the dispersing figures' conversation became inaudible as time passed. There was no time for me to dwell on my emotions because a random thought of my promise to my father caused a discomfort in me.

I rushed out of the building, which was incredibly massive. Even though, I couldn't complain since the luxury views were worth it. At a time like this, I could feel that I wasn't fit for this place.

Most people had their drivers waiting patiently for them to complete class, while others had weird tech locomotive equipment for individual movements. On the other hand, I had an outdated brand of a bicycle for transportation. What was worse was to remember that most of these people used cycling as leisure on field trips or adventure games.

My phone buzzed, and I stopped in my movement. Luckily, there was hardly any traffic on Thursdays and the roads were less occupied with vendors. For a moment, I froze while staring at the alert messages.

Quiz 32 – Group 10 discussion (10 unread messages)

As expected, Noel had created a private discussion group, which meant that I was indirectly in open communication with him. I know, a girl could only dream, but he is so perfect with imperfections.

I quickly saved his number as 'NVP' with a cute bear emoji. At the same moment, the stopwatch in my side pocket alerted me of my upcoming evening study time. Without any further thoughts, I rushed home.

I pulled up at the entrance of the gated house, then packed my bicycle. It took me a few seconds to notice the three black cars that had been packed in front of the house. It was quite a shock because father had a few friends. Not only that, but it meant one thing, a possible loan company.

Worry crossed my face as I held back all my nervousness. A fake smile slowly spread across my face, at the same time, I pushed the door open. Right across the room were two individuals seated on the white couch. They seemed focused on the conversation because none of them spared a glance in my direction.

Father was focused on the papers placed on the glass table. Although, I noticed him shivering as he opened the documents. "Young master, please give me more time. I promise –" My fist clenched at the sight before me.

"The project had to take less than two months, it has been four months." The lady dressed in a dark blue suit spoke calmly. She seemed kind yet cruel at the same time, and that only made me angry. She had straight, shoulder - length brown hair that complimented her brown doe eyes. Unlike me, she was tanned olive toned with a slender form.

"I understand that am a burden, but my situation." My father's shaky voice filled the room. I couldn't take more of the situation as I continued my walk up the stairs until I was in my room.

Tears began pouring down my heated cheeks just after the door closed. The pain in my chest continued as my fingers gripped the thick sweater that I wore. The previously quiet room was once again filled with my inaudible screams and huffs. As I wiped my ever flowing tears, a notification caught my attention.