00• Author's note

HELLO READER

I thought of clearing up a few misunderstandings before you begin the story. It's a short notice, but before that — I would appreciate it if you helped the story's discovery by commenting, adding to reading lists or upvoting on your favourite parts. (Fill the empty star below the page by clicking it.)

What to know;

The story was written for the ONC 2023; and hence it's influenced by prompt 51 & 57. It started as a novella, but in my third round, I decided to make it a novel. The story doesn't fully follow the prompts.
Prompt 51: The problem with red flags is that I'm attracted to them.
Prompt 57: unknown to everyone, you are battling a life threatening condition. With only a couple of weeks to live, you help your friend get the partner of their dream, except they are in love with you.

It's a Young adult & Inspired fiction. (Character behavioural references.)
Before the ONC 2023 began, I liked an omega-verse and historical romance comic that I still wait for updates. The historical romance is 'For my derelict favourite' on webtoon originals. I based Noel's sickly, noble and soft spoken character on Caelus. Aurora is influenced by Hestia's commoner, fangirl character and obsession with helping Caelus heal.
The omega-verse manga that I read was not as famous, but I thought of mixing up because it was my first time reading such a story. Hence, I based Aurora's pheromone (Tangerines) on Xiao Yan's scent. The characters are original & independent of the mentioned stories and don't fully act like the mentioned characters.

• It's not heavily influenced by the Omega-verse and Nobility Themes.
I had to add that out of my interests in the themes, but the story is 95% modern, real life young-adult romance. NOTE: They don't shift forms or stay in packs. It's kind of a sub gender that influences one's personality. They are divided into alphas, omegas and betas — with main genders of male and female. It's mainly for companionship — the higher the pheromones heightened the emotions of another, the more suited they are. NOTE: Nobility is an excuse for unique sub genders such as prime alphas and prime omegas. To make them more unique and rare, I decided that they are only born from families with history of having imperial blood in them. Historically, nobles and royals were seen as perfect which is a reflection of Noel's attitude.

It's a slow burn and isn't the cliche dominant alpha and submissive female lead.

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING THIS STORY.