01• Our little secret

HOW LONG CAN YOU LIVE AS A SECRET ADMIRER? Each day spent smiling at an imagination of him

HOW LONG CAN YOU LIVE AS A SECRET ADMIRER? Each day spent smiling at an imagination of him. The little tingling sparks only visible to my eyes whenever his chestnut brown eyes glanced at me for a second. It had been two years since my heartbeat first raced on our first encounter — he might've forgotten that day, but I clearly recall the tiniest details. He was perfection, the kind that made me wish that I could be worthy of high society.

Moreover, the last year of high school meant risks and fulfillment of desires; I sighed, then covered my face. Could he be mine if I tried harder? Momentarily, my drained gaze wandered around the cold, noisy environment that I had been stuck in for the past two hours — with countless teens excited to be in class. Luckily, thereafter, I heard the faint sound of heels as it echoed in the hallway. "Finally."

The door to the classroom was forcefully shut with a thud sound echoing in the pheromone concentrated room. Walking towards the front table with a pair of teens behind her was no other than Ms Bella — thee Cinderella of the mighty, high-class Hillcrest academy.

"How many times do I have to tell the class representatives to make sure the windows are opened every morning!" Her voice demanded an immediate response that any non alpha couldn't avoid. The class suddenly turned into a silent debate on who was courageous enough to explain the situation without influencing a punishment.

"I'm sorry, Ms Bella, I should have been more attentive and reminded them on how important hygiene is." That voice. My head unconsciously raised when my blurry eyes were fixed on the tall figure. I noticed his stretched lips that formed a forced smile while his eyes squinted as though tired of the same reminder.

"Class representatives! When your classmates are ready to learn, find me in my office." That was all our rugs to riches beauty said before she stormed out of the class while swinging her botched hips.

"What an angel." The ginger haired boy at the far end commented while giggling. "As long as the shoe fits." The then quiet class erupted into uncontrollably laughter and desk banging.

"Class rep, tell her to cancel the class!" The top gymnastics student in our class yelled happily.

"Cancel it!" There were excited voices all around the room as they took their phones out to record. Others drummed on the desks with the equipments closest to them. It was a disturbing sight, yet the class representatives stood quietly in front of the board.

I couldn't control the urge to stare at him, he had his dark hair styled in a messy, loose bun. His permanent wolf-cut hairstyle let a few strands of hair loose which gently caressed his face. My eyes widened at the glimpse of his intensely focused brown eyes digging daggers into the noisy crowd.

It had been two years since my feelings began to develop for him. Each year brought about a new feeling and personality that he showed the world. It was the third year — if he could notice me. It felt as if today were the day he might look my way. Maybe he might notice my existence if I tried to act unordinary.