Chapter 31: Tragedy Strikes Part 2

Tears blurred my vision as I attempted to claw my way back to his limp body. My brother.

     "JEREMY!"

     I screamed until my throat was dry and raspy. All I could do was cry as I watched my brother's form disappear from my line of sight. I fell unconscious.

     Waking up to the sound of police sirens wailing and the pounding footsteps of medics, I wanted them to leave. There was nothing they could do. There was no way they could help him.

     He was gone.

     My little brother. The one who I'd comforted when he was sad, put band-aids on his scraped knees, and played lame board games with. The one who cheered me on during my track meets, gone to all my performances, and watched Teen Beach Movie with me repeatedly. Then I'd abandoned him.

     Nine years later, and I only had a few weeks before he was taken from me.

     Under my breath, I growled, "The rabbit's to blame."

. . .

     The door creaked open, letting some light into my pitch-black apartment. It had been three days since Jeremy's death.

     I sighed, and pulled the tear-stained covers back over my head. I didn't feel like talking to Vanessa. I didn't feel like talking to anyone for that matter. I just wanted to be alone.

     The lights turned on, and I shoved my head under a pillow, hoping if she came into my room she wouldn't notice me. Unfortunately, I heard footsteps growing louder and louder, coming in my direction. I thought she would try to wake me up, or at least say something. But when the footsteps stopped, everything was quiet.

     I peeked out from under the covers, and saw her standing in the doorway. She was watching me. When I saw she noticed me watching, I buried myself deeper into my blanket, waiting for her to leave. I wasn't in the mood for whatever she was up to.

     When she didn't, I sat up, "What do you want?"

     "Nothing, Y/N. I was just checking on you," she said flatly. Her expression was blank.

     "Well... You can go now," I told her, laying back down, "I don't feel like talking right now."

     "No."

     I froze, "... Wha-?"

     "I need your help Y/N."

     "Wh-what? Ness, you're scaring me."

     "Check your Fazwatch," she said, her tone seemed demanding, like she wasn't asking a favor. I didn't talk back. I reached onto my nightstand, and picked up my Fazwatch. It said I had 72 unread messages, which I found concerning.

    Opening my messages tab, I gasped. I saw several messages from all the animatronics saying:

      <Y/N, sorry to bother you, but we can't find

     Bonnie. Dave refuses to do anything. Can

     you please come help? I'm worried this may

     be serious.

     <Bestie, where are you?