Chapter 28: Second Home

It wasn't hard to convince my boss to let me come to check on the animatronics daily. He didn't seem to care too much so long as I didn't make any messes or get in the way of the STAFF bots. After getting consent, the Mega Pizzaplex basically became a second home to me.

     I didn't care that I wasn't getting paid or that I had to pack my own food, it was going to be awesome, and I knew it from the first step I took back into the Pizzaplex.

     My first stop: The Daycare. I needed to see if Moon's social skills were dying or not.

     "Where are you, Sunshine?!" I shouted at the Daycare entrance. A solid five seconds after shouting that, I was completely knocked over by my good friend, Sun.

     "Y/N! You're back!" he said enthusiastically, "We've been waiting for you!"

     I laughed, "I've been waiting to come back! Now, where's the socially awkward version of you?"

     Sun slipped on a pair of sunglasses and transformed (we had tried that a month ago, and it had completely changed our lives). "Y/N! Where have you been?" Moon demanded.

     "I'll tell you after you tell me how you've been doing. I also want a hug."

     "... Why?"

     "Cuz you're my friend and I haven't seen you in two weeks!"

     He squirmed a bit, but didn't make a move to show the happiness and relief he was clearly experiencing, so I threw my arms around him for him. "I'm so happy to see you!"

     He patted my back a few times and finally said, "It-it's only been two weeks."

     "Only shmonly!" I said, "Too much has happened, and I've never been away from you guys for so long."

     I gave him one last squeeze and let him go.

     "Now, talk. How have you been doing?"

     "I've been lonely, if that's what you're asking."

     I face-palmed.

     The poor dude needs a real therapist.

. . .

     "I'm baaack!!!" I sang loudly upon entering Rockstar Row. Everyone was waiting for me, and I barely finished my dramatic entrance before they surrounded me.

     Chica's reaction to my arrival was very similar to Sun's, and she nearly knocked me over with the force of her hug, "Y/N!!! Oh my gosh, finally!"

     I laughed as I hugged her back, "I'm so happy to see you Chica!" I let go, "You won't believe what I did yesterday!"

     "What?!"

     "I bought an electric guitar!" I said proudly, "And it's in my car."

    She gasped, then squealed, "Yeeesssss!"

    Roxy punched my shoulder, "Y/N, what's up?"

     "The coolest thing happened the other week! I'll tell you about it in a second! Hey, Foxy!"

     Foxy had walked up to me and started ruffling my hair, "Y/N! How's me favorite landlubber?"

     "I was doing good until you messed up my hair," I joked, "Bonnie! Where'd you go?"

    "I'm alive!" I heard him say. He stepped closer to me, into the little circle that was starting to suffocate me.

     "Can y'all step back? I've seen everyone except Freddy!"