Chapter 14: We Warned You!

"So... what do you want, Dave?" I asked. We were out of the West Arcade and I was looking around at the several various places where we could get food.

      "Hmmm," he hummed thoughtfully, "Let's go to El Chip's. I've always been a fan of Mexican food."

      We walked into El Chip's and I immediately headed to the line by the counter where the STAFF bot was, but it seemed Dave had other plans. He sat down at a table and started playing Angry Birds on his phone. I was so confused.

     "Uh... Dave? Are you gonna come order?"

      He glanced in my direction and said, "Oh! Yeah, I want a jumbo chimichanga, number 7. And tell them I don't want lettuce on it this time! If they try that again, I'll have 'em scrapped."

     I inhaled sharply. Did he treat Music Man like that? Did he constantly make threats that, unlike the apparently emotionless STAFF bots, could actually mean something horrifying to Music Man personally? I almost wanted to snap something back, but I bit back my growing anger and waited patiently for my turn.

      I hadn't gotten food at El Chip's before, but whenever I got Mexican food in general I always had the same, boring order. A plain burrito, composed exclusively of beans and a tortilla. I was always content with that, but I had always wanted to try quesadillas because they had always been my brother's favorite.

      Frowning, I shook away the sudden memory and told the STAFF bot mine and Dave's order. It would be about a ten minute wait, so I decided to join Dave at the table he was sitting at.

      When I sat down in the seat across from him, it took him a minute or two before he looked up from his phone and gave me a smile, "Sooo, Y/N, what were you doing on Music Man's stage? I could lose my job if something happened to him."

     "Oh! Sorry about that! I just wanted to meet him was all. From what I'd heard, he was a pretty cool guy and I wanted to see him for myself. I mean, I've been working-"

     "So do you work here? I mean, I'm assuming so because of your uniform, but I just want to make sure."

      I was beginning to lose my patience, "That's what I was about to say. I do work here. I have been for a week."

     "So what do you do? Do you like, work at the Prize Counter or something?"

     "What makes you say that?"

     "You just give me that vibe. Good with people, reasonable, patient.  So do you work at the Prize Counter?"

     My smile finally became genuine. That was... that was very nice of him to say. "No. I'm the robotic technician, in charge of the performing animatronics and the daycare attendants."

     He scrunched up his face, "Oh... Those guys? Geez, those useless hunks of junk are the worst! Can't go a single day without needing to be cleaned, thinking they can just go and do wherever. I swear, they annoyed the heck out of me!"

     My eyes widened in shock, "Wait... you were the old-"

     "Y/N?!" I heard two familiar voices exclaim.

     "What in the..." Dave muttered.

     Bonnie and Freddy walked into El Chip's, drawing the attention of several unsuspecting young fans. Several children got out of their seats and crowded around the two shocked animatronics.

      "Woah! Hold your horses kids! It sure is great to see you all, but we gotta talk to our doctor. She's over there, and she's got some explaining to do," Bonnie put emphasis on the last part and gave me a serious look.