Chapter 20: A Lot At Once

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry I'm not being as consistent as I used to be (oh my gosh, imagine updating only every other day lol), but I guess I just got more busy. I'm trying to update every day, but idk... Stuff keeps popping up and I have less time to write this. Sorry again! 😬 Aaaannnd, I'm going to write a Valentine's Day chapter and hopefully have it published in a couple days, it might actually be a two-parter, but I don't know for sure yet. We'll just have to wait and see! ;) This chapter is just going to lead up to that plus some juicy background info about our dear Y/N hehehee.

     "Y/N! Are you excited?" Chica exclaimed, running into Parts and Service.

     "... Excited for what, again?" I asked.

     I feel like I should know this...

     Her jaw dropped, "Excuse me?!" she took me by the shoulders and started shaking me, "How do you not remember what tomorrow is?!"

     Then something in my brain clicked, "Ohmygosh, I'm such a-" I sighed, "I'm so sorry, Chica! You've been talking about this all week!'

     "VALENTINE'S DAY!" she screeched, "Seriously Y/N, I'm pretty sure all your... what'd you call it? 'Brain cells are dying?'"

     I chuckled, "Heh, yeah. My brain cells are all combusting."

     She joined in with my laughter for a bit, but then she got serious again, "But Y/N! Tomorrow we're going to have our dance! Remember?"

     That was the part I really forgot about. About a week prior at the end of the day, everyone had invited me to join them for a mini Valentine's Dance. Just me and the gang. Plus Sun, Moon, and Music Man of course, and Vanessa if she could! I was actually really excited for it! I hadn't attended any dances since my high school years, and I quite looked forward to doing something like that again.

     "... but Roxy and I need to help you do something with your hair, and we definitely have to help you choose your outfit! Ooh! And we can do your makeup too!" she squealed, "Tomorrow, promise you'll bring some outfits to show us! Because if you don't we'll have to choose for you."

     "Oh! Uh... I don't mind you and Roxy choosing for me. I don't actually own any super nice outfits," I admitted sheepishly, "I'd be happy to try on anything you guys find!"

     She gasped, "Really?!"

     "Mmmhmm!" I confirmed, "Go wild!"

     "Yay!!!" she exclaimed. She started walking towards me for a hug, but I redirected her into the protective cylinder.

     "Hold your horses, Chica! We still gotta do our normal stuff. Now get in there!" I said.

     She obeyed and we did the normal procedure for running diagnostics. I let her out and said, "Hey, when you send Roxy over here, tell her I have some things to show her."

     "Okay! See you later, Y/N!"

     "Bye!"

     When Roxy came down she asked, "So what is it exactly you wanted to show me?"

     "In here," I said, gesturing toward my open sketchbook. I felt so ridiculous, but I wasn't showing her anything too personal, "Look, I just started drawing hair, so it's not super high-quality or anything, but Chica said that maybe her and you could do my hair tomorrow for the dance, and well... I was just wondering if maybe you knew any of these styles and could show me how to do them tomorrow."

     She observed my drawings and her eyes widened slightly, "Y/N, I didn't know you drew."

     "It's a hobby of mine."