Chapter 2: Meeting the Gang

About a minute later, the white and pink chicken animatronic, Chica, came in. Right from the moment she laid eyes on me, she was a big bundle of joy and enthusiasm. She made a beeline towards me and gave me a big hug.

     "Ohmygosh, you're the new robotic technician!!! Oh, and you're so pretty! What's your name? Are you gonna give us snacks? Are you gonna watch our performance? Ooh, what's that around your neck? It's so cuuute!"

     I was a person of many personalities. One moment and I could be serious and firm, and the next I could be chill and laid back. I just had to read the room and get a feel for the general vibe. Matching Chica's enthusiasm wouldn't be too much of a challenge.

     I hugged her back, trying my hardest to refrain from asking myself too many questions about her behavior. After letting go I said, "Thank you so much, Chica! You're so sweet! I'm Y/N, by the way! Also, 1). I almost always have snacks on hand, 2). Heck yeah, I'll watch all your performances! and 3). That's my tamagotchi! Its name is Paimon! And I agree, they're sooo cute!"

     Chica's smile widened, "You're so nice, Y/N! The last guy was the worst."

     "How so?" That was the second time the "last guy" had been mentioned, and I was starting to get curious.

     "Well, for starters, he was rude. He kept treating us like we were the ones who were doing things wrong. Whenever he got frustrated, he would blame it on us and complain to the manager. And he was always insulting us and saying we were 'needy' and 'little-kiddish.' He sucked!"

     "Dang, that's the worst!"

     "Yeah. I'd quit before taking him back!"

     I gave her a smile, "Well, I can assure you that I will try my best to not suck!"

     I thought her grin couldn't get any wider, but I was proved wrong. Trying to move things along, I suggested we get started.

     She did as I asked and waited patiently for me to do what I needed to do. After a couple minutes though, she struck up a conversation.

     "Hey, Y/N! Do you play any instruments?"

     My face lit up, "Yeah! I play the piano, it's a wonderful instrument! You play the electric guitar, right?"

     "Yup!"

     "I've had glimpses of some past performances, and I think you're really good! How much do you practice?"

*discussion skip*

     "Well, we'll have to hang out sometime, Chica! I'll see you at your performance later!"

     "Yay!!!"

     "Oh! And send someone down, okay?"

     "Okie dokie!"

     The next person - I mean, animatronic - to come down was the wolf animatronic. Roxanne Wolf. She flipped her hair as she walked in from the door that had her silhouette on it, and made her way to me. She walked with an air of confidence that I couldn't help but admire. She struck me as the kind of person who would be one of the popular girls at a high school; cool, attractive, and slightly egotistical. I wouldn't make any assumptions until I started talking to her though.

     "So, you're the new girl," she said. I couldn't tell if she was intrigued or being judgmental...

     "Yup! I'm Y/N."

     "I'm Roxanne Wolf. But you can call me Roxy," and she held a hand out for me to shake.

     I took it, and gave her a smile, looking her in the eye. She would be more likely to trust me if I showed her that I was her friend.