Chapter 12: Something To Look Forward To

After my second day, I got into a routine. It was: go to work, prepare for and attend the first performance, do my tasks, attend the final performance, hang with the gang, and go home. Things stayed like this until day seven.

     Vanessa got home from work early enough that she just barely caught me before I left.

     "Last day to break the bet!" she shouted from her car, "Don't die!"

     "I can guarantee that I will not be dying today! I've made it this far, and if I give you twenty bucks today I won't get fro-yo tonight!"

     I'd been careful the whole week not to eat anything I thought wasn't safe for me to eat. I didn't eat much Pizzaplex food anyway. I basically lived on Starburst and Orange Fizzyfaz at this point.

     Besides, I'm not dumb enough to eat pizza. I'd have to be seriously brain dead to eat what's in front of me, I laughed.

     I pulled out of my parking spot and drove to the Pizzaplex, a song in my heart and Paimon around my neck.

. . .

     "Here I am!" I announced, posing in Bonnie's doorway.

     "Y/N!" they said all at once.

     Their enthusiasm brought a huge smile to my face. They seemed just as happy to see me as I was to see them. Even Monty was beginning to warm up to me! Sure, I had to literally throw Starbursts at him to get him to eat them, but at least he was kind of accepting them!

     "Bonnie, yerrrrr up!" I said.

     "Woo!" he exclaimed, "Let's go, doc!"

     I giggled, "Seriously, what's with the nickname guys? I'm not even an actual doctor!"

     "Not a human doctor," Freddy said, "Better. A robot doctor!"

     I rolled my eyes playfully, "Whatever. I'm still not a doctor."

     Making my way to the other door, I said over my shoulder, "You guys know the drill! Bonnie should be up in about 7 minutes for you, Chica!" And Bonnie and I headed on down to Parts and Service.

*check-up skip!!!*

     Chica rushed down the stairs and shouted, "Hiii, Y/N!"

    "Hey, girlie! What's up?"

     "The coolest thing just happened!" Chica exclaimed, "So Roxy and Monty..."

     I listened to what she had to say as we got started. As usual, nothing seemed out of order. Everything seemed alright internally, and it seemed that she was as clean as I'd left her last night...

    "... so now we're having a contest after closing! And we want you to be the judge! How awesome is that!" she squealed.

    I blinked. "Me? Judge? Chica, I'm not sure I'm cut out for-"

    "You'll do great! Oh, uh, I mean, if you're fine with staying after closing... if you want to go home and sleep or something, I understand, and I'm sure the others will too! It's just that Vanessa never helps with these things, and-"

     "Oh, nonononono! I'd love to! It's perfect actually! You see, I made this bet with Vanessa, and if I stay late, then I'll be able to get my money from her! I'm fairly confident that I'm going to win, so this arrangement works just great!"