Chapter 21: Valentine's Day Part 1 (Girl's Night)

"Hi Y/N!!! How are you feeling?" Chica asked, placing her hands on my shoulders.

     "That's the fifth time you've asked me today! I'm feeling a lot better, Chica!" I laughed.

     "I know, I know. But we haven't really had time to talk much today, have we?"

     "I guess not! You ready for girl's night?"

     She beamed, "I was made for girl's night! Oh, I've wanted to do this for forever!"

     I chuckled, "Forever is a big word, Chica."

     "Well it definitely feels like forever!" she told me, "So when we're done can we start girl's night?"

     I shook my head, "No, I still have to check up on Freddy!"

     "And Roxy and Monty too, right?"

     I blinked, "Oh! Yeah! Heh, I almost forgot about them."

     She walked into the protective cylinder, but her gaze never left me. She looked like she was observing me very intensely. Part of me was actually a little scared of the look she was giving me.

     "So... Have you seen Freddy at all today?" she asked suspiciously.

     "Huh? I mean, of course I have! I saw him this morning like three times, and I've seen him before and after performances, and during this last one too, so..."

     "Three times?" she noted, "What was the third time?"

     Woah woah woah! Hold the phone. Chica actually sounds... thoughtful. She's hiding something.

     "Why do you want to know?" I inquired, "You're being awfully suspicious, Chica. What's on your mind? Did something happen? Was it something I said?"

     "Oh nothing!" she replied, "I'm just a curious bird!"

     True.

     "Well, after the first performance he came down to tell me that I didn't have to scan you guys. We talked for a little bit, but that was all."

     "What about?"

     "Um, I don't really wanna talk about that..." I told her.

     She gasped, "Ooh! Spill! Pleeeaaase? I won't tell anyone, promise!"

     My face fell, "It's nothing juicy Chica. It was... um..."

     She realized what she was doing and stopped, "Oh. I'm sorry, Y/N. That wasn't very nice of me. I won't bug you about it anymore if you don't want me to."

     I gave her a reassuring smile, "It's okay, Chica. I might tell you another day, it's just that it's really personal to me."

     "Why'd you tell Freddy, then?"

     "Oh! Well... I guess he was there in the right place at the right time. I guess he was the right guy, too. It didn't seem as hard as I thought it would to tell him, and he was really nice about it," I smiled, "I'm glad he was there."

     Chica looked like she was about to say something, but she kept it in. She told me to continue with the procedure, and she didn't make another sound the whole time. I wanted to ask her what she was thinking about, but part of me was a bit nervous. I didn't think I wanted to know.

. . .

     I clocked out using my Fazwatch (that thing was almost as useful as my pencil at that point!) and walked to Roxy's room. We agreed that we would meet there to begin our 'girl's night.'