A knock on the door distracted me from my sketching. "Come in." I replied In a really calm tone. The old me would have groaned then yelled the Come in. I really have changed. For the better or worst? Only Allah knows.

"You're welcome back, Mrs Khaleed." Mimi forced a smile as she stepped in.

She hit the formal note.

That did it.

She is still mad at me. It was so evident in her tone, approach and expression. My heart sunk even more. Of all people, even Mimi? Why can't anyone just see things from my own perspective? I'm always pinned as the villain no matter what I do.

"Thank you, Mimi." I smiled widely even though I knew she was doing this for formalities sake and nothing more.

"We're all glad you're back for good."

"Mimi, I'd like to talk to you if you don't mind?" I wanted to at least tell someone about the child I was carrying in my womb. Shit, I have a thing growing inside me. This is all so beautiful and crazy at the same time. Mimi would understand me. She always does.

"My schedule is really tight today and I have a meeting with some of our clients from Turkey later today. Sorry." Without waiting for my response, she shut the door behind her.

I was truly all alone.

This is her own way of avoiding me. She just made up that excuse because she didn't want to be in the same room with me for that long. She's angry. We both know that. But I was really hoping that at least she would listen to me.

Lower your expectations to Zero.

I took a puff out of my inhaler then rested back on me chair. I remained in that position for thirty minutes long until I decided to read the messages and cards sent by my well wishers. I discarded my boots as I sat on the carpeted floor reading all of them. I laughed, chuckled and almost cried as I read all of them. Letter by letter, word by word, line by line, and paragraph by paragraph. It all meant a lot to me.

I'm loved.

I performed abulution in the restroom then spread my blue prayer mat and performed Asr Prayer. I poured my heart out to my lord in Sujood because he's the only one that understands me. He's the only one that knows what I'm going through, he's the only one that knows what I've been through my whole life, he sees my pain, he knows it, he knows what is in my heart and it is only he that can see me through all these.

5:30pm

I went to each and every single one of the rooms, offices and departments here for the last time. As I stepped out of the large building, I gave it a once over. I created this whole place and employed all the people working in it. A lot were older than me or the same age while some were younger. The skilled and unskilled, the rich and the poor, Nigerians, Americans and other nationalities, white and black, it all meant nothing in DILA KS. We are one. We know nothing of discrimination but more of equity and indifference.

Mimi won't disappoint me.

I'm sure of it.

Good bye once again DILA KS.

(a- DILA Khadijah Sabrina)

I drove down the city of Abuja from my favorite spot; City Gate, to my parent's neighborhood, to Farida's restaurant, to my former high school, to all the places I had some good memories in. I never thought they'd come a day that I would miss this place. I've had so many crazy and wonderful adventures here. From the first day I returned on my 20th birthday to which was one heck of a roller coaster my 21st birthday that I ended up shooting my attempted rapist to death.