//12//:First day at home

SABRINA'S POV
ABUJA, NIGERIA.
2ND FEBRUARY, 2018.

"She shoots she scores!" I yelled thrusting the basketball upward, entering the basket.

After I prayed Fajr Prayer, I came here immediately. I've been here for thirty minutes playing basketball.

Alone.

I wanted to cleanse my head. Living a stress free life is impossible being a Mahir. There was always drama.

My family's deceit was too much to handle. Someone I trusted with my whole heart had stabbed me in the back. She's freaking married, heck she even has a child.

Ya Aliya, I'm not really surprised because it's Eliya Mahir we're talking about. She doesn't give two spoons as far as I'm concerned. If it's in her favour, she'll do it without caring about anyone.

It's okay. I'm not going to let this ruin my year.
I'm going to trying my best to obstruct the pain, which isn't going to be that hard. It's something I'm good at. I've been doing it for years. For the sake of my mental health, I will try my best to control myself.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked entering the kitchen sitting on a stool. I grabbed an already washed red apple taking a bite.

"Good morning ma'am. We will be having fried potatoes, sausage, fried egg and liver sauce."
One of the cooks replied shyly with her head ducked down. Who's she calling ma'am? She looks at least twenty four or twenty three.

"Please don't call me Ma'am. I'm just twenty. I'm the youngest child of Alhaji. I'm Sabrina" I chuckled.

"Okay, Sabrina ma'am."

"Come on, I said Sabrina is okay." I laughed again.

"Alright. Sorry."

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Yusrah." She replied slowly. Her head was still down. I notice her fiddling with her fingers. She must be really shy. Cute.

"Can I be your friend?" I questioned out of the blue.
Her eyes immediately widened. "What? But I'm just a cook and you're.."

"And so what? You're human aren't you?" She nodded.

"So why can't we be friends? You seem like a really sweet person. And you're also the youngest girl in this house apart from me. Now that I'm back I'd like to have a friend at home." I uttered, slumping back my shoulders.

"I've been working here for three years and you're the nicest person I've ever come across except from my fellow coworkers. Thank you" She beamed excitedly. I'm actually not flabbergasted. The Mahir's talk to whom they feel like talking to. They're nice to people only when they're in a good mood. That's my family for you.

"Friends?" I grinned extending my right hand for a shake.

Smiling, "Friends." She shook my hand.

"I have to go now. We'll link up later."

__________________________________

7:30am

I had my room repainted a day before the new month.

I took a quick shower, coming out of the bathroom I wrapped a towel around my body and hair.I applied my lotion, hair oil, oil perfume and deodorants.
Thankfully, all my stuffs were arranged and stacked where they're supposed to be. Each item was placed where it belonged.

Considering the fact that the city is a bit cozy, I slipped on a cream Victoria Secret palazzo pants, a beige turtle neck sweater tucked into the pants then a knee length cream coat.