//49//: More Secrets

THIRD PERSON'S POV
ABUJA, NIGERIA.
27TH DECEMBER, 2018.

"During Jawahir's wedding when Sabrina was falsely accused, it was Khalifa that payed someone to put fish inside the stew and also change Jawahir's wedding dress that Sabrina had originally designed. Laukha pinned all the blame on her, and you know what that caused? Sabrina ran away to a deserted area where she was almost raped and killed. I'm sure she didn't inform anyone about it. This girl almost lost her life, but thankfully she's Sabrina Adila Khaleed.

A woman so ferocious and fearless. She fought the assaulters until the very end—she almost shot one of them when Farooq came forth and stopped her. The two of them protected each other and I couldn't be any proud of my grandchildren. You all wanna know who sent those men to assault Sabrina?

Her so called Father did.

When her business was failing and it was discovered that Dan, one of the former Board member at DILA KS was the traitor, guess who paid him to do what he did?

Khalifa Mahir.

One day Sabrina and Aliza visited me in the hospital early in the morning, while waiting for Captain Mansur to pick them up, a car almost ran over Sabrina but thankfully Aliza saved her. All in all, the person whom we've all been living with for twenty good years isn't who he appears to be. In twenty four hours, he's going to call Sabrina to his office to sign the land ownership papers so he can become the new owner. If he doesn't get what he wants, he's going to strike hard. He's at his company currently speaking and I know he knows we all know his shameful truth by now, so I'll suggest if everyone sleeps over here tonight. Neither of us are safe."

The bomb the old man dropped was a bomb capable of destroying every single person in the living room. Neelam was in uncontrollable tears because all these years she grew up without her mother, and here she is learning that her best friend's father-in-law murdered her.

Malika, Abdallah, Neelam and Farooq were all grieving. Their Noor died because of that man—he's basically her murderer. And what hurt the most was that they have been living so close to the person that committed this awful crime and they didn't even know.

All the persons in the room were in tears, tears that weren't going to stop gushing down any time soon.

Sabrina rose up to her feet carelessly, she placed her hands on the wall for support because she was suddenly feeling dizzy. She couldn't feel her limbs nor could she understand anything that was transpiring. Her heartbeat increased like never before, she could feel her body burning up. She averted her gaze to the old man who was giving her a pitiful look, to her siblings who knew the truth since, to Aunt Emigen that was her supposed grandmother, to Neelam, Malika and Abdallah who were in tears, to her friends who gave her the saddest look of all, then to her husband who looked like he was about to lose it, she's never seen him this angry in her whole life before. Her mother's head was ducked down as she let out silent sobs.

"I-I can't take this anymore." With that being uttered, her figure came thudding to the ground.

She lost consciousness.

"Sabrina, Sabrina!" Mrs Mahir exclaimed loudly rushing to her daughter.

"Announcing the truth this bluntly didn't do anyone good now see what it has done to this girl." Aunt Emigen cried out loud. Baba Kaka opened his mouth to speak but couldn't utter anything. He knew disclosing the truth all at once wouldn't be healthy but he had to do it.

They all circled her calling her name out but she was long gone. "Move away." Farooq pushed through as he carried her bridal style, her beret came falling down. He moved her upstairs to his room.