CHAPTER NINE : BACK TO HOGWARTS

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Oh, well... why do we need them?" I asked.

"Well... when people can't tie their shoelaces, it can be helpful," he explained.

"I suppose..." I replied.

"What do you think of chicken-flavoured chocolate?" Ron asked after a few seconds.

"Who would want chocolate that tastes like chicken?" I chortled.

"I would-" He shrugged.

"But you are different," I interrupted.

"But imagine... you can eat chicken in the form of chocolate!" Ron ecstatically said.

I chuckled and looked out the window, shaking my head at his enthusiasm.

A few minutes later, Mr Weasley pulled up to the side. When we walked out, it was ten minutes to eleven.

Draco's POV

My trunk was small. Usually, I had to carry three to fit all my belongings. It was never this empty. This time, I decided not to take anything unnecessary.

Father walked in while I was still packing.

"Draco." I heard him say.

Sighing, I closed my trunk and faced him.

"Father," I said.

"Take care," he said.

I blinked in surprise. Does father care about me now?

"Yes."

"And spend time with Astoria. Don't mess it up," he ordered, touching my shoulder.

My heart sank. Of course, Father doesn't care about me.

"We need this."

"Yes, I know," I dismissed the topic.

I hadn't told father about Potter being my partner. He would make a huge deal out of it.

"Make sure you keep Astoria happy," he reiterated.

"Yes, Father."

"I don't know what this student program is, but make sure you listen to her. You two are in the same house, right?"

"Father, I'm a candidate, and Astori's a student. We have different dormitories," I said, getting nervous.

"Alright. Make sure to meet Astoria every day. Give her whatever she requires— gifts, chocolates — whatever you kids nowadays prefer. I'll send you the required money."

He spoke rapidly, giving me a stern look. I nodded.

"Ok, Father," I kept saying as he mentioned what other things I could do.

"Your mother will be up shortly," Father said. "Then we can use the floo. The Greengrass family will be joining us soon."

Then he left. I put my head in my hands and groaned, irritation spiking in my veins. I stayed seated for a minute, just clenching and unclenching my fists. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door.

"Draco?" I heard the sweet voice call me.

"Mother," I replied, standing up to greet her.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, walking up to me.

"I'm good." I shrugged.

"I know how you're feeling," she said, her eyes deep and meaningful. She hugged me.