Solutions

"I've been a bit ill," I say as we settle into the room. I look around trying to avoid their concerned looks, its not as bad as they're making it out to be, I look really skinny but its fine.

"Elliot, are you able to stand right now?" Don asks as he looks me over. "Ye, I'm not that bad," I respond, hoping I'm telling the truth. "Can you stand on the scales please?" he asks as he goes over and sets it up. I take a deep breath before standing up, the world doesn't spin too aggressively so I take it as a win before taking a few steps and stepping onto the scale.

"Elliot in the politest way possible, next time I ask can you do something I mean can you do it and not cause strain on your body? I need you to sit on the table please, I can lift you onto it if you need to?" Don says as he takes a few notes. I go to stand up before deciding to just allow Don to carry me.

Once I'm settled on the table we begin the appointment which consists of me telling them my stomach issues and all that and them freaking out. "Ok so, it seems that alot more tests will have to be done because while your blood tests showed abnormalities I don't want to give you a diagnosis without checking everything. So I am going to book you in for a few tests over the next few days ok?" I nod to show I'm listening and he continues, "I want to insert a feeding tube at the moment, I want to see if your body will accept it. Is that ok?".

"Yeah, we should know quickly enough if it works because I've been getting sick within like an hour of eating maximum. I don't know if it'll work though since water wouldn't even stay down," I say as he prepares the stuff for my feeding tube. "Well I hope this works because if you get any more dehydrated or malnourished you are being sent to hospital which I don't think you want," I nod my head at him and he begins the procedure of giving me an NG tube.

It feels incredibly uncomfortable but only takes a few minutes before I'm all set up and Nox is taking it to my cheek as Don finishes checking everything.

"Ok so my goal with this, is to get you eating with only the NG tube for the next week or two then slowly reintroduce normal food. First I want to see if your body will accept this," he explains as he grabs a bag of feed. I watch him set it up and look over at Nox who is watching Don carefully.

"You took that very easy have you had a feeding tube before?" Nox asks before Don glares at him. "You know some people consider things like that private he snaps at him, before smiling at me as he starts the feed.

"I don't mind answering. Yes, I've had one before, I was in the hospital for a suspected eating disorder for a while, in reality it was neglectful parenting but when I first got in anyways I was given a feeding tube," I tell Nox who seems to be making an effort to keep his jaw shut. A shiver runs down my spine as I feel food reach my stomach, while I know I'll get used to it the first time I am always hyperaware of the first few minutes.

"How do you like the wheelchair?" Don asks trying to keep the awkward silences away. "Oh its nice yeah, Nox fixed the little things that annoyed me before I even mentioned them it was amazing. I'm happy to have something to get me around when I feel weaker," I say to him.

"Um any news for the two of you?" I ask trying to deter the conversation from me. "Oh other than my award none for me," Nox shrugs looking at Don. "Nothing much really, I've been making plans to revisit local areas again to you know reconnect with the area on my days off," he explains. "That sounds like fun, reconnecting with the area. Is there much to do around here?" I ask.

"There's a few museums, beautiful parks, really nice restaurants, a few random things and then one or two night clubs that are good," Nox tells me looking at Don who nods along. "Oh nice, I love museums, I'll have to go once I'm feeling more energetic," I say looking at my phone as it vibrates.

"Hello my Pet, just wanted to check in with you I haven't seen you in since your test. I hope you are taking care of yourself"

"Hi Master Raine, I apologise for not being in recently. I've not been feeling very well but I'm currently on the mend so I should be in soon. Thank you for checking in on me"

"No worries at all Pet. Shall we meet for a drink in the club the day after tomorrow say ten?"

"Yes Master Raine, that sounds great thank you"

I frown as I send the last message, I don't know if I'll be out of the wheelchair by then. The club is quite wheelchair accessible as far as I know though since that was part of the reason I was interested in the club in the beginning.

Before I know it the feeding is done and its been an hour.

"How are you feeling? Nauseous?" Don asks as he looks me over. "Fine, very full a bit too full if I'm being honest but not nauseous at all," I answer as he takes a few steps back.

"Thats amazing, you can hold it down which is great news. For feeling too full, I'll give you half portion bags to have eight or nine times a day, I know its annoying but I need you to have more nutrients," I nod in response making a mental schedule in my head.

"You can get the feeding bags from mine, I know Don doesn't have half portions. So if you want and Don is finished here we can go get some from mine then I'll bring us all home?" Nox suggests as he stands up patting his pockets for his keys.

Don begins to pack up and I stand up and get into the wheelchair instantly feeling more supported than I felt on the examination table.

As we drive to Nox's I remember the braces and mentally hit myself for forgetting something so important. "Don, I forgot to ask. Do you know any orthopedists in the area?" I ask him, making him look back at me. "Nox is an orthopedist, a jack of all trades and all that jazz. I everything ok with your braces?" Don asks looking me over with concern. "Yeah, I just need a few new ones, no need to worry. I'll make an appointment during the week if thats ok Nox?" I ask looking at him.

"Of course any time that suits just let me know," Nox replies as we pull into his place. "Y'all just stay in here and I'll grab enough feed for a week," he gets out and heads into the building.

"You're welcome to come with me to reconnect with the town by the way," Don says out of no where making me look at him. "Seriously?" I ask baffled by his constant kindness. "Yes, of course, I'll text you my plans and you are 100% invited to come," he says smiling at me.

Nox emerges only moments later with a large box and puts it in the back beside me before getting into the front. "Ok lets go, handy that we all live in the same building huh," he laughs.

Its not long before we pull into the carpark. I climb out and a dizzy spell hits me making me hold onto the car for support, I should have assembled the chair and just transferred into it. Hands guide me to the floor and my head between my legs.

By the time the world is right again both Nox and Don are crouched beside me. "How you feeling?" Don asks, "I'm fine, its because I couldn't take my meds because sick, they aren't usually that intense unless I fully faint," I smile at him. The two of them help me up and into my chair letting me get settled before Don starts to push with Nox carrying the box of feed running ahead of us to get the elevator.

"We'll help you bring this into your house and make sure theres a clearish path for the chair because I don't think you're getting into a standing position tonight. Are you comfortable with that?" Nox asks as we ride up in the elevator.

"Oh if you're sure, I wouldn't want to bother you," I reply not wanting to cause them any trouble. "Its no trouble," Don confirms.

I tell them my apartment number and we go into my place. I look around and cringe, I've not had any guests so it's not fully unpacked or tidy or liveable. I glance in the corner where my spare canes are and see my swords out and cringe. That's going to get some questions.

 Hey y'all

Hope ye are doing oki, am kinda drowning in college work and finally got a job but now I've even more shit to do. A close friend to me fucked me over and we are no longer friends and life do be beating me up but it will all be g. I'm still working on getting to see a doctor so I can finally get a diagnosis of shit but it's a lot of work and my body is getting worst so ya fml. 

Anyways hope y'all are enjoying the book so far 

Much love

Boo xx