Facing the Truth

The drive to Don’s is quiet, despite Master Raine trying to talk to me I had become a shell of myself. I look weak, I am weak if I truly think about it. I am also fucking stupid letting myself get sick and not even healing fully before completely slacking off.

I cautiously take my phone out of my pocket and turn it on. Hundreds of notifications appear, all from the 4 men that had taken over my life. I swipe the notifications away before opening the email app and pulling up my resignation letter from my old job. I was using my knuckle on my pointer finger to use my phone, I wasn’t typing a whole letter with it.

Glad I didn’t use any company names or dates in the email. I just send on a copy to the HR team at work. I can’t work there anymore with the risk of me being injured for simply existing. I sigh a little realising I’m going to have to find a new job, or I could probably live off what I make from helping the independent people I work with. I wouldn’t be able to afford the club then, this fucking sucks. I could move, I need to anyways if I’m being honest with myself. Move to a less ideal location and pay less? That's always an option.

Master Raine appears beside me with my wheelchair making me realise that we have arrived. He lifts me into the chair before locking the van and pushing me into the waiting room.

I hold my head down, not wanting to meet anyone's eyes, leaving the talking up to Master. “Elliot?” I hear from the other side of the room making me shrink even further into myself. Nox suddenly appears in front of me, his hand reaching out and lifting my chin.

“What happened to you?” he asks softly, making me frown. I shouldn’t have any bruises or anything on my face. “You’ve become so skinny, you look like a shell of yourself,” he whispers. Master Raine appears behind me and Nox stands up looking at him.

“You know each other?” he asks, confusion leaking into his voice. “We met in a restaurant and became friends. I hadn’t been able to get in touch so I went over to his and found him like this, turns out Don is his doctor so managed to convince him to come with me to an appointment,” Raine explains briefly.

“Raine?” a nurse calls out before Nox can ask anymore questions. Raine instantly begins rolling towards Dons’ office, Nox following in tow, me too tired to say anything. As soon as we walk into the office Don is in front of me checking my forehead.

“You didn’t tell me it was Elliot, you just said it was a friend of yours,” Don snaps out to Raine before turning to me. “I’m going to lift you onto the scales and then the table. Is that ok?” he asks me to which I nod in reply. “How am I supposed to know you know Elliot?” Raine asks, feigning confusion.

“Just sit down both of you,” Don snaps at the two men as he moves me from the scale to the table. “So Elliot, can you tell me what's wrong today?” he asks me gently, ignoring the two glaring men.

“Haven’t been eating enough, kinda injured,” I say vaguely. Don nods along, writing something down on my file before turning back to me.

“I need to do a full body examination, do you want the others to leave?” he looks at the two men, I shake my head in response. It's nothing either of them hadn’t seen before.

“Ok, I’m going to remove your jumper first if that is alright,” continuing to nod along he gently grabs my jumper and begins to lift it over my head. Raine is there seconds later, carefully releasing my arms from the sleeves. Nox sucks in a breath as he sees my body, I look down and understand why. I’m almost completely purple, dried blood in some places, my hands quite swollen.

“Could you explain how you got these injuries?” Don asks as he begins to note them down. I shake my head in response, making Raine appear beside me and raise my chin to look at him. He raises his eyebrows at the response, making me sigh.

“I umm fell out of my wheelchair and then the chair fell on top of me,” I say meekly. “Elliot, please don’t lie, unless you slammed your chair on your hands and body multiple times it wouldn’t look this severe. Please I just need to know,” Don pleads with me.

“Someone shoved me out of my chair and used it to attack me,” I say briefly, all the men look disgusted, Raine looking ready to murder someone.

“When did this happen,” Don continues pretending and failing to be chill. “The last day any of you heard from me,” I answer, still not sure what day it is. “So Monday last week,” he nods and writes it down before gently pushing me back so he can examine the damage done.

We lay there in silence for a while, Don bandaging up some of my bruises after putting some cream on them while leaving others. When he completely leaves my arms of bandages my blood runs cold.

“Elliot, you are going to have to be admitted, I can’t help your wrists here. I also need them to do an MRI and CT as well as the expected X-Ray. You also need to be admitted for your weight, its past being severely underweight to how you're alive now is baffling me,” he looks over at Nox who nods before leaving the room.

“Please, no. Don’t make me go to hospital, I’ll get better at eating I promise,” the tears streaming down my face as I plead to him. Don looks away before handing my jumper to Raine who puts it back on to me.

“Please Don, I’ll even let people check on me every day, I just, I can’t go to hospital, I can’t do it again,” I sound manic at this point. Raine appears in my eyeline, sitting down before pulling me onto his lap.

“Elliot you’re going to be fine, they just need to help you get better,” Raine starts to say but my cries are louder blocking out anything he continues saying. Holding me close he begins to hush me.

“Please Master Raine, I’ll be the best princess I promise,” I cry out. He continues shushing me as I hear two voices exclaim, “Master Raine?”.

Howdy m'loves

Happy Birthday! To me well it's not my birthday till the 30th but my gift to y'all is gonna be 3 updates 1 today, 1 the 28th and 1 on my birthday. Anyways all my main Bois have the same bday as me for convenience reasons so it's their birthdays too!

buymeacoffee.com/Onlyregretspasthere

Again no pressure to buy me a coffee but my broke ass would appreciate it!

Much love
Boo xx