Chapter 1 / punching bag.

Trigger warnings?: violence, self harm (cutting, scratching), abuse, hateful words, markings, panic attack, mentions of being trapped.

George pov
after school, Friday 3:30pm

I looked down at my phone, staring at the text messages from my father which read;

'Get your ass home, you fucking failed a test?! ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?!'

I felt warm tears roll down my face as I didn't want my week to end with punches and kicks from the evil man, but I had no where else to go, Karl's parents didn't like me for some reason, bad's parents weren't home and he wasn't allowed anyone over and quackity's parents didn't even know I was his friend, which was fine quackity mentioned that his parents hate his friends and he didn't want them to hate me for no reason.

I sighed as I soon reached my house, I stood infront of the door with a pit of fear laying in my stomach, I took a deep breath before opening the door quietly hoping my father forgot about it all and just went to sleep but no, I was wrong. I had forgotten he doesn't just 'forget' things when it comes to me. I looked at the man stood infront of me, he messy brunette hair was wet and his eyes looked like they hadn't slept in ages, not to mention he stunk of alcohol.

"H-hey d-dad" I gave him a small smile with a wave. The man stood there not saying a word before he dragged me down to the floor by my hair.

I fell to my knees crying "HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE?!" he snarled at me,

"I-I'm-" before I could finish my sentence the man picked me up by my hair again causing me to let out a scream and he threw me against the wall, knocking over a few books in the process.

"DONT YOU DARE TALK BACK TO ME YOU LITTLE SHIT!" He spat as he clenched his fists hard enough that his knuckles turned white. 'Oh no.. here come the punches' I thought to which I was right, he grabbed me by my shirt and punched my face over and over until thick, red blood ran down my face and onto the floor, I couldn't even cry anymore I was in too much pain to even think about the pain and not to mention I was used to being punched for 10 years of my life.

The abuse soon stopped when my father got a call from one of his friends, he ranted how much he hated having me around and how much he wanted to kill me because I was such a disappointment. I got to my room and closed my door before collapsing onto the floor with exhaustion, my mind was a blur and all I could think about was his words during the beatings.

'Your so pathetic, can't even fight back'

'Your a shit son'

'You killed your mum and cat, not me. YOU!'

'Go die or cut yourself some more you disgrace'

Those thoughts raced through my mind like there was no stopping, I grabbed some tissue that I kept under my bed and quickly but carefully wiped the blood off of me, soon enough a pile of red tissue was sitting beside me. I felt myself cry again and internally punched myself for it. 'Why am I crying like a loser?!' Was the only thing I thought of. I had to punish myself for it so I grabbed a blade out of the drawer and began cutting over the scars on my arm but it wasn't enough. Nothing is ever enough for me. I scratched at the fresh cuts before moving down to my thighs, the itching cause my skin to burn and moments later my skin shredded away like dead skin. I stung I have to admit but I was used to it. My phone began to ring and I quickly picked it up to see one of my closest friends.

Karl🫶🏻 is calling..

Accept                         Decline

I hesitantly accepted the call and then put the phone to my ear, "h-hello?" I spoke quietly, I wiped away the tears and tried my best to make my voice sound as normal as it could be.

"George! Hey! Didn't think you'd pick up to be honest.. how are you?" That's right, I don't like being on call to my friends after 4pm and it was now 4:45pm.

"I- uh- I'm good.. how about you?" I stuttered, I could see Karl frown behind the screen

"Are you sure? Your stuttering a lot" he chuckled, "anyway- I wanted to ask to see if you wanted to meet tomorrow, I've made some new friends and I think you'd like one of them."

I took in what he said and stood quietly before letting my mind think to see if my father was home or not, I said sure reluctantly before Karl cheered.

"Eek! I can't wait!" He said cheerfully, I chuckled and said goodbye before putting the phone down,

'What was I thinking?!' I thought. I put my phone back on charge before cleaning up my mess I made. My mind wondered back to if my father would be home or not and I quickly started to panic, 'I'm such an idiot!' I thought and my breathing heavied as I laid down crying on my bed, I couldn't breath much and I tried my best to calm myself down. But it was only when I pulled my mothers teddy she got me close that I actually calmed down.

Authors note!
Thoughts on George and the story so far? Ik it's not much but this story will be far better than my other ones 😭 I'm also trying a new style of writing I think-

Words?: 972<3