ⅫⅠ. Awake

Clay slowly opens his eyes, a sudden pain from his stomach kicks in. He wonders his eyes around but stopped at the brunette sleeping besides his bed, his head was laying flat on the bed, his posture really looks uncomfortable. It sure made him pity the brunette because, after seconds seeing George like that, he carefully picked him up then laid the smaller male besides him. It was easy for him to pick the brunette up though he did through the pain he have on his stomach.

The pain wasn't that serious, it's like the pain after a surgery without anesthesia. He once again laid back on his bed, bracing closer the brunette, he laid his head on the smaller male's shoulder, trying to fall asleep again.

After an hour or so, George woke up, feeling more comfortable on his sleep until he realizes he's on the bed with Dream. It took him whole another minute to comprehend what might've happened

'Did he pulled me in the bed with him when I was asleep!?' He questions himself, the hands that were around his stomach pulls him closer, locking him completely in his grip.

"Can we see them?" He heard behind the door 

'Oh my god, wrong timing, guys' George decided to fake asleep as he don't know what to do.

He hears the door knob clicks, then opens.. silence, then he heard it closes again

"They're doing alright" He heard Sapnap said, despite it being muffled behind the door

"They?? What do you mean"

"Let us see!" Alex protested, again the door opens then silence after, because of the noises, Dream groans. 

"Oh my god" Alex lets out a tiny squeal then closes the door. 

The grip Clay had on his torso was now loosened and not so long after, he roll over. He's now facing back to back with him. Now he had the chance to stand up from the bed and finally release some salted water in the bathroom.

"He's not here" he heard after sometime

"Bathroom break? To get the substance out his-"

"Quackity, actually, shut the fuck up"

"You're mean, green minded, bozo"

George headed outside the bathroom as soon as he finished peeing, at the same time as Clay opens his eyes, their eyes locked on each other. One was full of excitement while the other was strangely.. confused?

"DREAMM!" Sapnap screamed as he jumped on him. Hugging him while tears streaming down his face 

"Nick" he gave back the hug then sat up. He smiles as he patted Karl's head.

He turn his head towards the smaller male "I heard a lot about you Quackity, from XD"

"God, I love being the favorite child"

"I hate favoritism so much" Karl said pouting, Clay chuckles then pulls him for a hug

George tried his best to be seen and be his topic but seems like, he was invisible to the blond's eyes. He was beginning to feel awkward as the time goes on since, he was just standing there like he was nothing, until Sapnap wraps his arms around his shoulders. Finally, Clay landed his eyes on him for the second time

"Ermm.." the other three was surprised by the reaction Clay gave

"H-hello again" 

Instead of a warm hug, he instead lifted out his hand for a handshake "Nice meeting you, uhm..?"

"George.." he brokenly said, he could feel the sympathy the other three was giving him. While he, he was shocked that he didn't realized that he was letting out tears

"Oh- U-uhm, are you okay, sir?" He didn't answer that but instead broke him more. Clay never calls him sir, it felt like,

They were strangers again.

He sniffles then wipes the tears on his cheeks "I got to go.. somewhere" George excuses then left the room.

-

George came back with foods in his hands, he opened the door seeing Clay talking to the trio

"WHAT, you guys are dating now??"

"I mean, for almost four days of us here in the hospital, many did happened and you were asleep the whole time" Alex said with envy

"Gosh, stop making me feel bad for not dodging Punz's attack, though, my hospitalization was the reason for you three to get along"

"Dream, stop making you, being confined in a hospital look good, 'cuz its not. George let out a good bucket of tears the first day you're here" Sapnap said, making Clay look at George, he wanted to make sure but George just looked at him blankly. He broke the eye contact, instead he looks at the three. Sapnap instantly regretted saying that, knowing the state they're both in.

"Stop with the chitchats and eat." George said, mom vibes flows thoroughly them. They watches the brunette unpack the tupperwares, plating them as if he really was their mother "Please stop with the look and help me with these, y'all look goofy" He said, still focused on the table. Karl made the move, walking beside him, helping him.

George places the hospital tray above Clay for him to eat easily "Thank you, George.." George smiles at him then went back to the table

His smile immediately drops as soon as he turned around. He started putting the plates aside, where the other three ate, he took a deep breath. He over-thought, though, he didn't remember him, he might still remember being a villain, since he still remember Karl and Alex.

"Hey, G-George, can you get me the nap-" A small hand-like vine appeared besides him, it was holding the napkin he was asking for.

George finished cleaning the table then went to the chair to grab it, pulling it to the wall then sat on it, he leaned against the wall proceeding to sleep on it.

Clay was stunned at the sudden action, through what he did, George still decided to guard him and stay with him. He felt so cruel, but it will end soon.