ⅩⅤ. Surprise

George went past by many different stores, admiring many expensive items that he knew he couldn't afford since he spends almost of his money helping the city get back again. He's currently in the mall, grabbing monthly groceries while wearing his suit. He needed to, since the lines takes too much and he knew that they prioritize 'idols' and 'heroes' in general.

He walked past the jewelry store, eye-ing the displayed ring on the middle of the store, displayed as if it was an item in an auction and it was beautiful. With only his visual, he managed to examine it. The ring was pure diamond, there are golden dust sprayed on the base of the ring, it sparks as the the lights reflects on it. 

Then past by the Pandora, where bracelets were displayed everywhere. Surely enough, all of them were pure gold because it shines wherever you look. By the time reaching the mall's parking lot to put back the trolley he used. The blue-clothed hero found himself helping a lady with her broken cart's wheel. She called him for that instead of grabbing a new one. She was impatient which made him nervous and pressured. 

The lady then loudly opens her fan to give herself air and smacking her mouth with the bubble gum she's been eating since he came.

"I-I'm really sorry, Ma'am but, I can't put it back together"

"Oh, really then?" She harshly snatched the cart away from him "Tch, I can't believe you're ever called a hero" 

He gave himself a sigh as he watched the lady walk inside the mall. He closes his eyes, blinking, *swoosh*. As he opens his eyes back, to his shock, the mall is gone. He stood frozen on his feet, his mind stuttering as who could possibly have done this. 

He got interrupted more when he heard the people screaming behind him. He looked at them and they were the people inside the mall, he remembers as he was grabbing groceries back then, but how, why?

George flew up to get more vision of the place. The mall were all ashes now, there are burn marks but he never heard any explosion. Was it the thing he heard just before he opens his eyes?

His eyes widened more as he saw blood from the entrance of the mall which he flew closer to. He saw the burnt red fan besides the corpse, if he was not mistaken, it's the lady from before. But why her? Did she pissed any other heroes before?

He uses his telepathy device to communicate with the other remaining heroes, calling the available ones to help.

The hospital were called, to transfer the dead body to the morgue and find it's family for the funeral. 

George decided to stay on the location, letting the people leave before him. 

"Hello" He heard behind his ear, he immediately guard himself as he faces behind him, which to his surprise, it was Clay. He stood straight as it was just him,  but never let his guard down

"Hi, I guess" 

Clay gave him a smile in response— he misses those, reminding him that one time he saved him from the Agency's hands, but he doesn't remember him, so what's the point?

He watches as Clay gestures something with his hands, a vine started appearing from the ground

"H-How"

Clay chuckles at his reaction, the vine were on a hand like shape, facing him. George's gaze switches towards Clay's hands then to the vine and as at the same time, he opens his hands and the vine opens its hands, inside was a paper

George look at Clay's face to see any expression but it stayed as what he left it. He leaned forward to grab it "What's this?"

"Some invitation, I guess? Your choice, if you want to go or not" He flickered to besides George, giving him a peck on his cheeks "I retrieve a little bit of my memory and it was a memory where it said that you're my boyfriend. It's nice to know, you could've said it yourself instead of leaving me alone by myself, which is sad, to be honest with you"