Never a Home

Nora Duke

I am angry. I am in so much wrath that I can't even breathe. I never felt like this.  I didn't even feel like this when Sana hit me. I never felt like this when dad brought another woman at home and declare her my mother. I never felt like this when Lucy ignored me when I got scolded by dad for the first time and the things I didn't do. I never felt like this when I got to know things I shouldn't.

And why do I feel like this? I put my hand on the railing, I was on the first step of the stairs. An arm circled around my waist. I looked up and he stood beside me. I grab the railing tightly and make a petty comment before his friend beat me. 

"You know, leaving a guest alone is rude." he said twirling in front of me. He grinned and I flinched how his grinned is so familiar. His grin fell, maybe he saw my expression. Of course he saw my expression. "I am sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude." He quickly apologizes, helding his hands. Nicholas words, his arm around my waist forgotten as this person in front of me gained all my attention. 

"Have we met?" I asked even though we didn't. I know we didn't, we couldn't but I tilted my head and looked at him curiously as if I really met him somewhere and I couldn't remember. 

He smiled again, binding his hand behind his back. "I don't really think so, I don't remember you." He doesn't know me. I nod my head and he nod back. "I guess I see you downstairs." He said pointing his thumb behind, giving a look to Nicholas. He went away in the hallway. 

"Why do he look so similar?" I asked to Nicholas, staring at Adiran who wasn't climbing but jumping of the stairs. "How similar we are but not." I said he patted my head and grabbed my hand, removing his hand from my waist. If I wasn't curious about Adrian, I would have been annoyed by his touch but I was distracted. 

"I don't know about that but you know that there are seven people who have the same faces in the world. Maybe you met one." He said amused by it. 

"I am not talking about that similarity." I rolled my eyes and he gave me an odd look. 

"Then what are you talking about?" He asked and I looked at him. His frown deepened as I stared at him, his eyes were filled with curious and odd look. He rubbed his neck in confusion. "What Nora? What are you talking about?" He asked again while climbing down. 

"Nothing, just I've seen him somewhere." I mumbled even though it wasn't the answer he wanted.

"Just misunderstanding." He said dropping the subject and I hummed but I know he won't let this go easily. Oddly he is making his way in my life, in my business. When I first met him, I really thought He and Seth know what is happening and why I am there but now I am here and so many of his question enlighten me that I am wrong. James didn't tell anyone. I don't even know if he knows it or not. 

"That not the first thing you should ask from your son famous best friend." Adrian said. "Ok, you shouldn't do that, uncle. I have really handsome ears and my fangirls will literally sue you if you don't let- ow." He's got cut off whatever he was saying as James twists his ear. I winced silently, standing beside Violette, who was enjoying the scene. 

"I should've known. I gave you a project and you stuck Seth in it. Your asshole can you anything properly." He wasn't asking to tell but I narrowed my eyes. Are they that close, that James would give him a position in his business? And why does he have American accent?

"Is James always like this?" I asked both of them. 

"Well, he isn't like this to Seth but yeah all three of us." Violette replied. 

"Three, you mean?" I asked slowly. 

"Me, her and him." Nicholas pointing his chin. Violette shook his head towards Nicholas as she munches the chips.