Blood

Nicholas Bretons 

I stood in my place, frozen. I've been married to her for only a few hours and I am already a wreck. I was only messing with it but it looks like she messed with me or I took it wrong. I rubbed my face looking at her. She was rocking on her heels outside of the dining hall as if debating to herself whether to go inside or not. Finally, she turned towards me and gave me a stern look like she was waiting for me, get over here. At that moment I realized that she wasn't debating, she was waiting for me. This girl would be death of me if anyone wouldn't kill me first. 

I almost jogged towards her; she slid her hands in mine as we both went into the dining room. Our family were sitting at a table chatting with each other. I almost tugged at her hand and ran with her, instead I took out the chair for her so she sat then, I took my seat. I gave her a plate and started to serve her. Honestly, from the look of her she doesn't eat well. She took the plate silently as her mother side eyed me. Serve myself, I look at her she passed a smile and I did the same.  

"So how was your first night kids?" Sana asked smiling, that creepily reached her eyes. 

"Really well." I said without hesitation, Seth raised a brow at me and I shook my head at him then he sighed in relief. What was that supposed to mean? I will look after him later.

"Really! that's good to hear." Lucy said in her soft sisterly tone, as if she knew what she'd been through at her own house. Nora didn't indulge with any of them, just silently eating. Well, i wasn't expecting much from her. 

"Seriously." Sana put a hand on her chest, shocked that genuinely seemed fake. "You didn't have nightmares? Your poor soul finally having a good night sleep." Was she threatening her? Was she mocking her? or is she telling her something that only both of them know. Nora hands stopped for a moment but she started eating again. I drank a sip. Suddenly the air changed in atmosphere.

"No, I quite have good night sleep." Nora said with straight face. There was silence for a few moments. But Nora was eating silently and elegantly as if one of her mental disorders hadn't been revealed like this. Dad cleared his throat and I came out of my thoughts, forced to eat. Even Violette was sitting silently beside me.

"Dad, what about the Demetrius meeting? Is Nico going to handle it?" Seth said, winking at me secretly or not at me. I glanced beside me and Nora lips were curled up just slightly. If I wasn't sitting beside her I couldn't even know she was smiling. Her smile got wide and she hid it between her juice glass. 

"No, Nico is not going to do any business work, he is on vacation." Dad said in clam tone, eating his omelette. He was also relieved that the topic had changed. But then I process my dad's words. 

"Huh? When? What? Why?" I said dropping my fork on the plate. Violette chackled and Seth and Nora smiled. Dad glared. "I mean, uhm, vacation is great. It is great. I love it." I said I put fork in my mouth so I can shut up.

"Dad!" Voilet voice came, dad looked at her. "Are they going to honeymoon?" she asked in a whisper. I choked on my food, coughing. I looked at her and she smiled at me like we're sharing a secret and the audacity of this color, she winked at me. 

"Yes, they are." dad said giggling with her as if we were not surrounded by guests. Then again, they all are high school friends and they saw the worst version of each other. 

"Dad." I said in stern tone and he composed himself. 

"Where?" I asked giving envelop to Nora under the table.

"Well, that's a surprise."

______________________________________________________________

"What is your problem?" Dad voiced his thoughts finally but didn't raise his head to look at me. I sighed. I was still in my hoodie and trousers on off day. Nora family had been for two hours now and now I am here standing in front of my own father thinking what I am doing here. "Nicholas!" he called, now he was looking at me.