Mistakenly or Similarity

Nicholas Bretons

I have never been tired this whole my life. I attend events, business meetings, parties but never bored in my life. it's written on my face. I am drinking orange juice and everyone is looking at me like I am the man they should be afraid. Well, it's my wedding, I can kick you out, so they should, right? Nora meets a lot of people. She isn't smiling, just a little curl of her lips.

Her floor length wedding dress and full sleeve wasn't like a dress to gain attention but where ever she goes every man even women turned their head to look at her. She is a bride and the bride usually gets a lot of attention but she turned head twice wherever she goes, I've seen it. In meetings, social media and when we first met. Her veil was not on her head, her hair half clipped back and two strands were touching her cheek. Photographers, camera mans, reporters, producers, CEO's, directors were around her. One let go her the other caught her arm.

"You're staring." Violet sang in my ear.

"She's my wife, of course I can." I said playing cool while sipping my juice to hide my embarrassed face.

"Woah, woah, woah." Violet came in front of me helding her hands. She was wearing a pale purple color dress that came to her knees, an off-shoulder flat ribbon on her shoulder. Her brown hair was in soft brown curls, tied half back with a purple ribbon, came to her shoulder each. She was also wearing purple high heels but still came to my chin. "You are not my brother, where is my brother?" she demanded. I gave her a flat look.

"Come on, color. Be creative." Seth mumbled, leaning beside me on the table. We both have the same broad shoulders, same black hair from dad, same height. Violette's only thing is on mine is that she is intelligent and brave. Seth and Violette almost look like twins. Their eyes are ocean blue, their jaw is sharp, both of them have dimples, both of their lips were pink like cherry. Despite being my step-siblings, they are identical to me.

"It's been quite some time, he is sitting here and staring at her." She crossed her arm leaning on one leg and stretching the other, so my and her foot collided.

"So, what do you want me to do?" I asked. "I am already board, when is this over?" I asked waving hand in air. Violette made a noise that sounded like a gasp.

"It's so early. You didn't even dance." She said this was the biggest problem in the world.

"Violette, I don't know how to dance and its 11, it's late." I said like I am telling her how to solve a math's question.

"Oh, come on. You owe me a dance." She said stomping her foot.

"I owe you bags, dresses, juices, burgers, cakes, ice-crems, cars, bikes, sky-diving, my time, a new phone, shoes, heels... Uh" I said counting on my fingers, I look at Seth confusedly. "What others things she said past a month?" He just laughed and shook his head.

"Fine. Seth would dance with me." She spoke.

"When did I sa- hey." She didn't let him complete his sentence before dragging him to the floor. She put her hand on his shoulder and the other in his hand, more like gripping it. Seth put his hand on her back and danced with her, forcefully. I sip my drink relish, watching his annoyed expression.

"Nicholas." I heard Nora when she grabbed my arm, standing close. I sip the drink looking away. "Can I grab your arm? I don't want to meet people."

"Hmm." I nodded while she sighed in relief.

"Everyone is after like they've never seen a bride." she said annoyedly, a little bit shaken.

"Well, they didn't see famous heiress Nora Duke as a bride." I said and she gave me a pointed look, I pulled a shoulder. "Did I say wrong?"