Prologue

Nora Duke

I was standing at the railing of the balcony in my room. Nicholas footsteps were behind me, coming closer. I wore a royal blue sleeve less camisole and a gown which end to my knee. He came and laid his arms on the railing, I glanced at him he wore silk royal blue dress shirt and black trousers. We were standing in silence until we hear a loud noise from the backyard.

"What was the noise?" I asked.

"Maybe some thief came." He said, in amusement.

"Really? Then we should check up?" I asked, terrified at the idea. He strained his posture and turned to me.

"I was just messing with you. Maybe there was a cat or a mouse. Besides the hotel management would check." He said jokingly.

"What kind of cat or mouse made these kinds of noises." He just shrugged. "Should we look?" Still becoming anxious.

"Nora, there's nothing. Don't worry about it?" He said, coming close to me.

"I-I was just scared, maybe someone really came and we wouldn't know. What are you doing?" I asked when my back hit the railing and his hand locked me from either side, I was forced to stop my breath. My hands grip the railing. "Nicholas?" It came breathless.

I hear another noise from down. I jumped but he was in his position. Suddenly the sky was black, there were no stars, no moon. I narrow my eyes at the sky. My breathing hitched as he put his hand wither side of me. I was trapped. I was never trapped.

"Nicholas, there some-, I-" I want to say something, but he put his finger on my lips. I don't even know myself what I was saying.

"Look at me Nora." He cut me off and I did. "Forget everything, just think it's only me and you." He said it in almost whisper like someone would listen. It was almost like he didn't speak. I narrowed my eyes and tried to back away, but my hand slipped from railing, but I caught it again and gripped it tightly. Out of nowhere, my hair was spreading across my face, I couldn't remove it across from my face because I felt like if I moved a little, I would fall. He used his hand to remove my hair off my face. He smiled seeing my face, but I couldn't smile.

"What do you want?" I don't know why this came out from my mouth. 

 I don't know what was happening. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears very loudly. I felt my breathing rate increase but it almost felt like I wasn't breathing. He came closer to me, our body touching but I stepped back. I was hypnotized by his eyes, his eyes weren't having usual glint which he had when he looked at me. He smiled, the smile that took my breath away and skipped my heart. The smile that made me fall like crazy but at the moment it was creepy.

But what he said made my heart ache and drop a tear from my left eye trailing down my cheek and usually he would wipe it but he just smiled at the sight of my tears.

"I don't want anything from you but your step-mother want something from me ." He whispered and before I know it he pushed me. My back slipped through the railing as I was a piece of cloth. My grip on grill loosened, I tried to catch his collar or extend my hand so he could grab it but he stepped back and just stood there watching me fall with that smile on his face.

Suddenly it felt like time had slowed for me to see the reality. His smile, whispering, pushing me off the railing, me trying to grab his hand, him leaning on the railing to see me with that smile. I just stare at him in horror. At that time, I was blank and empty. Then there was a sharp pain in my head, then back and then my body went limp.

And I was just staring at my husband who was still smiling at me.