Alone

Nicholas Bretons:

A smile was on my face when I stood beside my sibling. Both of them were giving curious looks but hey moment they shared looks with each other a glint was in their eyes. We were standing and walking to the door as dad hugged Mr. Duke. I stood beside Seth, who was staring at the vase beside the door. He was spacing again. Giving him a worried glance I looked away. Nora stood beside Elizabeth, her eyes glancing towards me ever and then. I also kept my eyes on her.

"Nicho." I heard Violette calling me. Inhaling deeply, I answered her.

"Yes color?" I responded by not looking at her. 

"We are leaving you have to come too." she said, amusement in her voice. "Or you want to be here. Alright with me." She shrugged. I gave her a glare which she gave me showing her tongue. I rolled my eyes at her 

"You're not a kid, anymore." I grunted and she just mimicked me, I shook my head at her.

"Nico, mom is calling you." Seth announced. Violette looped her arms with his. I glanced at the room and thought of his spacing. Is he having another episode or something? 

"Why?" I spoke.

"Because she can't live without you." Violette said sarcastically, I raised a brow at her, "Come on, then we have to go, eat ice cream." She said looping her arm in mine. All three of us were coming to the car together. Looped arm Violette in between. Seth eyes trailing where mine already is, Nora was standing beside dad, the side hugged her and she tried to smile or i think it was scowl because dad laugh boomed here. 

"My kids came." Dad announced smiling. She looked at the three of us and I saw fire in her eyes as she looked away fastly. Was she jealous? Who she can be jealous with?

"I am happy that you didn't refuse me, David" My dad said. Violette tugged my hand, I glanced at her and she was smiling at me, softly, I smiled back. 

"Yeah, me too." Mr. Duke said, his hand on her back, she flinched so he put it down. My smile faded, is she afraid of physical touch, that's why she flinched?  "Kids are grown fast." He said gloomily. 

"Hmm." Dad said. "I just want her to come my home, soon." Both of them talk between eyes and when her eyes met mine, I know what she said to him in her eyes. Mee too. "She is really like Sofia." Dad said in awed as she walked inside of the house like she-have-alot-of-work-to-do-and-we-larady-waste-so-much-time-of-her. Seth and I looked at him but a little later David stared where she had just gone.

"I know." David whispered. we both shared look and realization flash in our eyes. Her mother is dead just like mine.

"I think we should go." Elizabeth said.

"Nico, color, Seth gets in the car." He said, like we were 4,5,6.

"We are not kids, dad. Stop doing that." Seth said annoyingly. They all laughed. We all sat in our car, three of us in different because Violette unfortunately had other plans. 

Nora Duke

I was in the living room sipping tea when all of them entered. Dad sat on the other side of couch, He was wearing gray suit, Sana sat across of me on single sofa. She was wearing pants and a button up brown shirt, cream color shoe heels, her hair was in a high ponytail. Seriously this woman doesn't look like she is in her early 40s.

"Nora." I heard him. I dragged my eyes away from her because all I could see on her was blood. Dad's hair was rugged, a file in his hand.

"Yes." I said popping a biscuit in my mouth. Lucy also grabbed it, giving me a concerning look I ignored it.