Reunion of friends - Part 1

Nora Duke

Life is a bitch when it forced you to sit in the dining room with your stepfamily. Then again, life is always been bitch to me. I have been sitting here quite a long time and no one is here and servants can't even give me food because it is an order from Sana, my phone has nothing but a call app in which have only five useless numbers and one useful. I drop my phone on the table which is on ventilator by himself.  

I can sense her before she even in the room. Her click of heels are first things that ring in my ear, then her cologne that smell like lilacs and I know I am grownup and now she can't touch me but whenever she is around me, I can't help myself be a little shaken up. Guess not that grown up. Trembling, I crossed my arms over my chest as they sat.

"What is with you? Are you hiding something?" she asked, narrowing her eyes after she sat down and noticed me. I choked on my saliva and drank water, the stunt I pulled a few days ago flashed in my mind. 

"I am hiding a lot of things, dear mother." I said and glanced at her way. If Sana calmly announces something or pull my hair right now, it means I've succeeded and if neither of that happen that receptionist is going to be killed. Servants came and filled the table with mouthwatering dishes. Maya dropped a plate in front of me, serving me. I glanced at my phone urge to send a text to Elena about checking on the letter, instead I picked up utensils and ate lunch.

"Did your father told you that we are meeting his friend?" She said putting the fork in her mouth and pulling it out with such force that I thought she would pull her at least one tooth out. I shook my thoughts away and focused.

"No, what friend?" I asked, not interested, but that would be a lie. Hope built inside my heart.

"It's your father's and my mother's high school friend. Be ready at 7:00, we are going to a restaurant, It is such an old restaurant, and mother told me that they went there when they were young, Right mom?" Lucy spoke fascinatingly, I tried not to roll my eyes at her. She is the second person in this house I try to avoid but she always tries her best to get my attention.

"Yeah." Sana mumbled playing with her food for a little while, then she sighed and picked up the food. I started to eat on my own. "You are coming too, so be ready at 7." Sana said not even looking at me.

"Understood." I murmured, gripping my fork tightly, I stabbed the steak with my knife glancing at her way. Sana hair was clipped in half, her brown brunette hair falling on her back. She was wearing a long red dress with maroon high heels.   

"Good." She chirped. I took a deep breath; I hate it whenever I do that.

"Can.." Both of them look at me. I gripped both knife and fork took another breath, Lucy eyes softened at me and I loathe it. "Can I ask a question?" I asked looking away at her. Damn my stammering.

"Of course." Sana smirked; Lucy face fell. Sana put her hand under chin placing her elbow on the table. I tilt my head, gulping my saliva. "Who stopped you?" She said, "I raise my brow smirking, she mimicked me. We both were playing a dangerous game and I dared to ask. 

"Does the friend have any name?" Curious, frightened, hope. All three thrilled through my veins. We both stared at each other deadly, there was only the wall clock ticking and my shaky breathing. 

"I don't understand why you want to know." She said searching my eyes and too bad for her she won't find what she expects. "Thinking to run away?" Her lips curled.

"Beg your pardon." I was shocked, she chuckled and looked away.  The game over, she won.  Sana grabs her fork and knife again, cutting the steak she elegantly put in her mouth like it was the sweetest thing to do in the world. Bitch.