029 ≈ Riff-Raff, Street Rat, Meat Pack

I apologize for the more sporadic updates 😅. It's looking to become monthly updates now.

Some more fanart by ! They did the art posted in Chapter 26, and have graciously provided us with more Bearnice content. They made Bearnice and (Y/N) so cute!

Manga spoilers in the last part.

———

Kiyo looked at Sumo, who looked at Naho, who looked at you, who looked at Bearnice, who was staring at the small bowl of honey in the center of your spontaneously formed circle on the floor.

"Nobody move," You whispered, already noticing the signs of what was to come. The other girls nodded and surprisingly (but not really since the three of them had been playing with Bearnice for the last couple of days, so much so that your dear old friend who'd been with you through thick and thin, who loyally stayed by your side during all those harsh fights against demons, left you for some honey snacks and the opportunity to play 'Catch the Ball' with some ten-year-olds. F), Bearnice's ears flicked and she heavily rolled over onto her back.

Poor Kiyo, who was on the other side of Bearnice, would've drowned in her fur if Bearnice hadn't decided to smother you under her body. Instead, Kiyo just bounced as the ground trembled at Bearnice's movements. All the air was knocked out of your lungs as Bearnice's weight made you feel like you were being melded to the floor. You couldn't even call out for help, just letting out small, raspy breaths.

"Miss (Y/N)!" Sumi and Naho exclaimed over the sound of Bearnice's content hums, somehow holding the bowl of honey in her hands. Mind you, you were still being squished under her so the only reason you knew this was that the bowl was missing from its original position on the floor and the suspicious trail of spilled honey leading to Bearnice's head.

"A — ack — " You tried to get Bearnice's attention, rapidly patting her stomach before you lost all ability to feel anything in your limbs. "Hey — ooF — Bear — "

However, your adorable, gigantic, lovable bear companion did not seem to hear you over her fantasies about the bowl of honey.

Don't tell me I'll be trapped under here forever.

Thank God Bearnice was a clean bear with soft fur and smelled like flowers, otherwise, you didn't know how you would manage to endure.

"MISS KOCHO!" Naho ran out of the room to call for help while Kiyo and Sumi tried to coax Bearnice off of you.

"Come on, Bearnice! Come this way!" Sumi said, holding one of Bearnice's paws.

Kiyo held the other and carefully started to extract the bowl of honey from her grasp. "Miss (Y/N) is having a hard time breathing. You don't want her to get hurt, right?"

Meanwhile, all you could do was try to tap out, but Bearnice had never seen a WWE match so she didn't know what it was.

Bearnice was not budging, her eyes trained on the honey that was slowly being moved away from her, courtesy of Kiyo's newfound courage when dealing with Bearnice. Every time she shifted, you felt a slight relief, but a new pressure formed somewhere else on your body. It was a miracle you were still able to breathe after all this.

"Go, go," You mouthed, your voice unable to leave you despite your wheezing. "Leave. Don't kill me before Kibitchy."

Slowly but surely, Bearnice started to move in the direction the Kiyo was moving.