023 ≈ Throwing Hands At God Is Forbidden Until You've Shed Your Mortal Shell

There were around 115K reads right after I uploaded the new chapter. There are over 124K hearts now. We gained almost 10K reads in less than a week. 

. . . 

Y'all were hungry, huh?

Manga spoilers in the first part of the chapter.

———

As the months went by, the missions you went on began to get progressively randomer. One day, you'd be fighting against someone who you thought was as strong as or even stronger than a Lower Moon (only for Sora to tell you that they were a little weaker than a Lower Moon, but that's beside the point), and the next, you'd be fighting against someone you could one shot.

To be honest, it made some sense. There were only so many strong demons within your area and you could only move so fast without reaching your destination and dying of exhaustion, so they tended to give you whatever mission that was in the area that Sora and/or Ubuyashiki thought you'd probably be able to finish.

So you couldn't get too annoyed.

The times you did get to fight a really strong demon, you'd use that whacky little knife Tamayo gave you and take a little bit of their blood. After a few moments, Chachamaru would turn up and give you a little meow, you'd tuck the knife away in his cute little pouch and send him on his way. Every so often when you couldn't send any blood samples, you'd get a letter from Tamayo through Chachamaru, asking how things were going and whether you were okay.

"What a sweet woman," You said for the umpteenth time as Sora read her letter to you. Sora nodded.

"Tamayo is indeed kind," She agreed, "But I still don't know why she trusts you so much."

"Obviously because I'm super amazing and spectacular and she couldn't help but fall for my charms." You made a 'V' with your thumb and pointer finger and stuck it under your chin with a smug grin on your face.

"What charms?" Sora deadpanned. "Are you referring to your idiocy or your inconsiderate behavior?"

"I am referring to whatever charms Tanjiro decided he loved."

"That boy is also too naive."

You didn't reply to that, knowing that it was a little true, especially at this point in time.

"But he's still baby and I love him."

"Geh," Sora gagged, which was something you didn't know crows could do. "Just finish writing your reply for Tamayo."

Another new thing that popped up was your constant need for paper and ink during missions but having nowhere to keep them so you resorted to verbal letters once again.

After receiving a reply from your 'number neighbor', you spent the rest of the day debating what to do. As far as you remember, Tokito Muichiro would have been a Pillar at this point, so he already killed plenty of demons, maybe even a Lower Moon or two. Honestly, there really weren't any negative outcomes of keeping in contact with him. It would always feel nice to brag about knowing one of the strongest demon slayers in the current generation, but at the same time, the dude was an airhead and rarely focused on things that didn't relate to demons. He probably already forgot he'd received a letter from you and sent a response.