08 ≈ (Y/N)'s Borderline Insane Tendencies

We've reached 2K! It's only been two weeks since 1K, so I'm glad that so many people are enjoying it. Thank you ❤️❤️❤️

———

Sakonji had his fair share of strange students. Students who would train throughout the night, who would be too afraid to pick up a sword, who would have strange tastes in food, and who would disobey his commands in an effort to rebel.

But he'd never had a student who willingly let him beat them.

"Are you sure?" He asked his insane student, seeing her nod in determination.

After the day's training and coming back from wherever she disappeared to during the evening, the girl had come back holding a stick and held it out for him to take, stating that she wanted to learn how to do Total Concentration Breathing: Constant. At this stage, it was admirable and impressive that she had been able to perform it for almost the entire time she was awake. In his mind, she was nothing short of a prodigy in this field.

But asking him to hit her with a stick with no hesitation? Even his bravest student could never have done that.

She's on an entirely different level. I'm not sure if this is a good thing, especially with that self-sacrificing look in her eye.

" . . . Very well." Sakonji hesitantly took the stick from her, wondering if her head was okay with the bright grin she gave him.

"Thank you!"

(Y/N) wriggled into her futon after saying goodnight to Tanjiro, sleeping by the dying fireplace.

"Goodnight, Urokodaki-sensei!" She said happily before closing her eyes and immediately going to sleep. He watched her carefully before she let out a small snore. He sighed before hitting her abdomen with the stick.

"AARRRGH!" At her loud yell, the bear had also let out a roar from outside. "I'm okay, Bearnice!" Bearnice let out a grunt before moving away from the door. Then (Y/N) looked at him and stuck her thumb up. "Just like that!" She lay back down, closed her eyes, and started snoring again.

I am sorry, my dear, psychotic student.

"AARRGHHH!"

~~~

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Tanjiro asked his friend. Last night, he was wondering why she had taken her things to sleep in the main room, but when he had heard her tortured screams through the walls, he realized that it was because she wanted him to get his rest.

Oh (Y/N), why did you do this to yourself?

The girl had harsh bags under her eyes, a small amount of drool on her lip, her eyes half-closed as they sat at the table for breakfast. One hand was propping up her head while the other was curled around her abdomen.

Despite her clearly exhausted and pained expression, she gave him a thumbs up. "I 'kay, Tanjiro. No worry."

He sweatdropped.

"You're not even speaking clearly." She hummed before falling backward, small snores coming from her mouth. He winced, pulling himself closer. Tanjiro carefully removed her arm, seeing how she even flinched when unconscious at the movement. He looked at her stomach area, wondering what she had done over the night.