013 ≈ A Reunion That Ends-*Choked By Author Because This Is A Spoiler-Free Zone*

We have more fanart! This insanely cute fanart was done by CJ Kibutsuji on Quotev and I love it to bits. 

Wattpad also be pushing my patience with these chapter title restrictions.

———

In the morning, the three of you stood in front of the inn.

"So . . . was it just me or were they really stingy—sorry—cheap?" You asked and both Ren and Sayuri nodded.

"Definitely. Even their dinners were pretty bad." Ren scoffed, pettily crossing his arms. "And they said 'highest quality'. My grandpa could make better food."

You nodded. "True, but nothing beats Urokodaki's food. 'Tis the best shit."

"When they told us that we were going to share a room with someone else, I raised hell because it was improper for people outside the family to share rooms, but they didn't care. Although, they did charge me less."

"How much did you pay?"

"Around 40 yen."

"THESE SCAMMERS!" You threw the farewell gift they gave (a pack of towels, but they just felt like paper) on the ground. "THEY MADE ME PAY ALMOST 100! THAT WAS UROKODAKI'S MONEY TOO, UNGRATEFUL BITCHES!!"

Before you stormed inside to demand your money back, Sayuri held your shoulders and quickly steered you away from the inn while Ren laughed at your misfortune.

"Anyway," Ren said as the three of you stood in front of the town's gates. "We'll send you letters every now and then through our crows."

"I don't know how to read or write Japanese."

" . . . "

"Also I lost my crow."

" . . . Sayuri, you can't call me the dumbest person you know anymore."

Sayuri seemed to have accepted her reality.

You bid your goodbyes and started your journey back to the mountain.

I hope it doesn't take too long. I'd like to get there within two days as I promised in the letter.

~~~

Yeah . . . you still hadn't reached. Although you could blame the horrible directions given by the towns you passed (after paying money, obviously. Damn capitalism), it was mostly just your inherent nature of getting lost.

Also, your stupid crow hasn't come back.

I've been abandoned by a crow I didn't even name. Figures. Sayuri's crow was so nice, why does mine hate me? I haven't even done anything weird.

Wait, did it realize my true nature of being a dumbass and wanted to get away while it could? That would do it.

It was the evening of the second day and you still hadn't reached. You could just barely see the mountain on the horizon, but you weren't sure, because there were mountains literally everywhere you looked.

"I'm not going to get there anytime soon," You muttered, holding your shoulder. "But I should hurry up, at least. Make it by the morning if I can't make it now."