Although the county government won't be able to collect production tax after the land is reclaimed, at least the county's cultivated land has increased, and it will look better when it is reported to the court.

    Qin Xiaoman pursed his lips. He had thought about it for a long time when he heard Du Heng say that the county magistrate might be rewarded, but when he saw that the reward came down, he immediately stopped thinking about it: "It's better to be a scholar first

    . , there are at least five acres of paddy fields that can directly produce grain, but there are a lot of rewarded land, but all of them are wasteland. What can the wasteland do, you have to spend manpower and material resources to reclaim it. I don’t know how many years it will take to cultivate it into fertilizer. Land."

    Du Heng also felt a little regretful, but he had already figured it out, at least he had the right to use 30 acres of land, so he didn't have to pay taxes anymore.

    At that time, their family can accept 30% of the production tax paid by the farm laborers to the court. Before, they only earned 30% of the grain production, but now they can directly earn 60%.

    The family's income from grain production alone can be doubled. For this reason, he plans to recruit some more farm laborers, and then reclaim the 30 acres of wasteland. Although it is not easy to reclaim the wasteland, the grain output from the wasteland will be split 50-50 with the farm laborers, and there will definitely be farm laborers willing to do it.

    Qin Xiaoman pursed his lips when he heard his plan. Although it was not satisfactory, it was the only way to go.

    Qin Xiaoman was also a bit sleepy when he went back. He had great expectations for Du Heng's reward in the Zhongju this time. The main reason was that the recent crops of congratulations made him erratically feel that his life at home was really going to be great. Immediately there is a big difference.

    At present, it seems that apart from the fifty taels of silver spent by Du Heng and the 30 mu of wasteland that needs to be carefully taken care of, there is no benefit visible to the naked eye.

    He was upset and fell headfirst on the counter.

    "It's raining." There was

    a commotion outside, and the idle merchants hurried away with their stools. The two heard the sound and saw that most of the Qingshiban Street was wet.

    "Come on, close the door and go home. The road will get wet later and it will be hard to walk."

    One autumn rain and one cold, you can feel the obvious chill as soon as the rain falls.

    Qin Xiaoman took a breath as he drove the carriage.

    "It's really cold in this late autumn, and I don't dare to drive the carriage too fast for fear of slipping."

    He sighed leisurely: "I don't know when we can go back to the village without raining."

    "I want to live in the county ." Already?" Du Heng rubbed Qin Xiaoman's cold hands: "I heard that you went to see the house during the township examination?

    " I didn't ask for a high price. But when I counted the money on hand, there was a big difference. If I bought it, the family's business would need money to pay for it. How dare I move it. Besides, the house was looked at by others. , I don’t have the nerve to ask the house owner to leave the house to us.” Du Heng asked:     “Then why don’t

    you tell me?”

I don't want you to worry about it."

    Du Heng rubbed Qin Xiaoman's hair, and held him in his arms to keep him from getting cold.