Stellan x reader pt 2

"Stellan....." I whispered, taking a step back as the Rift Gate glowed a bright, threatening purple. My hands trembled as Stellan stepped in front of me, his shield raised defensively.
I wrapped my arms around his back, closing my eyes as the Rift Gate exploded. 
He staggered back slightly as remains of it crashed against his shield, but he kept his footing, so he didn't fall back against me.

Stellan hugged me.
"It is alright," he murmured softly. "You are safe now. With me."
"T-the rift...." I whispered hoarsely.
"We cannot fight the rift. We are just going to have to see how the stars favour us," he responded, running his hand up my spine in a soothing motion. He glanced up at the stars as I rested my face against his smooth armour.
Why were they glistening so innocently at us?
Why were they so vulnerable to the hideous glow of the growing rift, that swallowed them one by one?
Stellan's golden eyes glowed amber due to the rift.
He felt me press against him, using him as a shield against the cold.
He almost laughed at how adorable he found that.
"Cold?" He chuckled, his voice taking on that soothing note of amusement that pierced my heart like the sharpest of his swords. I wrapped my arms around his torso, and hummed while nodding.
His lips curled slightly upwards in a soft smile, and he leaned down to press a kiss to my lips, before hooking my legs from under me a picking me up.
"Perhaps we should go inside now," he cooed with a soft grin, twirling around sweetly.
I rested my head in his neck. "As long as you're carrying me. I can't be bothered to move."

"Hey Stellan?" I asked that same night, laying on my back in the bed right next to him, my hand holding his under the covers. He turned his head with an amused chuckle.
"Yes?" He responded, smiling at my inability to sit in silence. He loved that though.
"How do you 'read the stars'?" I questioned, my eyebrows pinching together in that adorable way he loved. He loved everything about me, really.
He laughed lightly, "you really want to start this chat now? We will be here for a very long time."
"Well, I can't sleep, you're scared of sleep..." I mused with boredom, "and I love listening to your voice."
He raised his eyebrows. I smiled childishly. "What? You sound handsome."
"The Ageless always tells me that my explanations are too long," he chuckled.
"Oh come on, pleaaase? I love your long rants, your voice is soothing!" I pleaded. "Also 'reading the stars' makes no sense."
"Very well," he chuckled, "so, in a simple prospect and from a very unique point of view, the stars have this pattern...."

"Here," Stellan murmured softly as I watched the rift in the sky tear further. I looked at him. He was holding his mask out to me.
I reluctantly accepted it.
"It is so you shall always remember me, wherever we end up." He smiled weakly as I ran my hands over the smooth, white and gold metal.
A small smile crossed my face.
"Thank you, Stellan. But I will never forget you." I pressed my lips lightly to his. "You're the only person I have. I love you."

Now I could only think back on the memory while staring down at his mask in my hands, thinking about where he was now as tears trickled down my face. I could almost imagine his words if he saw me right now.
'Please do not cry. I am not worth enough for you to be crying over. I miss you.'
A choked sob escaped my lips, before I slid his mask over my face and hid myself from the rest of the world.
The exact thing he would tell me not to do.