The Paradigm x The Scientist

The Scientist grunted and fiddled with the bolt in the handle of this blade. It was a gift, for The Paradigm specifically. If nobody else was going to welcome her back, he would. She piloted the mech for them.
The Scientist clicked the button, and it ignited into a blue, hologram sort of blade.
"Oh, she is going to love this," The Scientist cooed to himself. "Right AMIE?"
The robot beeped a few times in response, though it sounded like more of a jealous grumble.
"I'm sure she will, daddy," she beeped. He cringed.
"Don't call me that," he ordered. "It sounds disgusting."
"Okay, very attractive father," she chirped.
He sighed. That was going to need some work.
"I'm going to go give this to Para now, don't interrupt me," he grumbled, before getting off him spinning chair and not even bothering to put his helmet back on.

The Scientist knocked on the door to The Paradigm's quarters, and the short woman had opened the door in a matter of seconds.
"Oh, hello Scientist," she greeted calmly.
"Hey, Para!" He greeted back, a grin over his face. She stepped to the side, smiling back.
"Wanna come in?" She offered, motioning him forward.
"Thanks." He stepped through her door, and looked around. "How do you keep this place so clean?" He gaped.
"Mine isn't clean, you just use your walls as notepads," she chuckled, closing the door. He shrugged.
"Fair point." He laughed. "I've got something for you though."
She arched an eyebrow, motioning him to sit on the sofa with her.
"I'm intrigued," she chuckled. "Go on."
He handed her the metal hilt, and she pressed the button, watching in awe as the blue blade ignited. She swayed it slightly, reflecting the blue beautifully off her eyes.
"So....do you like it?" He asked nervously, picking at the fingertips of his gloves.
"This is amazing...." She murmured, a smile creeping onto her face. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "...dork."
He laughed.
"I'm no dork!" He growled playfully. He felt her warm, addictive breath next to his ear.
"I love dorks," she whispered softly. He blushed.
"I think....I can be a dork....just this once," he whispered slowly, the dark blush spreading down his neck and shoulders. She pulled back, and pressed her lips against his slowly, her hands on his shoulders to steady herself. He let out a meep of shock, but rested his hands on her waist to pull her closer. "Great job with the mech, by the way," he murmured, muffled against her lips. She hummed.
"Shush," she chuckled breathily. "Or I might stop."