8 | THE CHALLENGE

EDWARD'S POV:

As I was about to sleep, I saw the doorknob move slightly. I instantly understood it was Amelia. I shut my eyes and acted asleep when she entered and I opened my eyes to see her struggling to sleep on the couch. It might be a nightmare.

I wanted to go and calm her down but before I was about to open my eyes, she came and snuggled into me, I smiled at her action and hugged her tightly.

I used to do like this to my sister every night. She was once kidnapped and the kidnapper used to beat her everyday for a week when we caught him and brought my sister back to safety. She used to get nightmares everyday and the fact that she was just 9 year old and I was 14, made it even worse. Currently, she is overseas studying in a university.

I guess it's the pity that is making me hug Amelia like this right? It can't be love. I'm not the one to fall in love. Nope. That's not love.
.
.
.

Or is it?.

AMELIA'S POV:

I woke up in the morning only to see the other side of the bed empty, which saddened me. It's not like i wanted him there but still.

I got ready and went down when I saw Edward eating already, can't he just wait for me or something? I wait for him everytime. What happens to him in the mornings I don't understand. I hate it when he acts like a stranger in the morning and a protective husband at night.

"Eat fast, we need to go early, the model casted for the advertisement might be coming early." He said in a bossy tone.

"Yes sir." I said sarcastically.

"And call me sir at work all the time." He ordered again.

"Why only office, I'll call you sir at home also" I scoffed.

"Shut up Amelia, stop acting like a kid, I'm serious when it comes to work. Don't do any silly pranks in the office." He said and I nodded.

He took me to his office. It's okay, Amelia you can do it. I hope Emily already reached because I didn't want to stay alone in this new place.

As soon as we entered, Jason greeted me
"Hello, Mrs.Hiller" He said smiling at me.
"This is workplace, just call her Amelia or something." Edward said glaring at Jason.
"I don't know why but I can hear a donkey blabbering, can you Amelia?" He said referring to Edward, for which I laughed.
Edward left. I felt bad for the fact that he dosen't want anyone to know about our marriage.

"You know, many girls are trying to court him, he just doesn't want them to know that you are his wife because they'll start bullying you. So don't feel bad about it." Jason said as if he read my thoughts.

"Thank you Jason." I said smiling at him.

"By the way, where is your friend Emily." He asked curiously.

"She is on her way." I said.

"Don't mind me asking but does she have a boyfriend?" He asked.

"Nope, why? Do you like her already?" I asked for which he smiled and nodded hid head aggressively.

"I don't think so you have a chance because she hates office romances. She thinks it's distracting to date a guy who works with her." I sighed.

"That's bullshit. You can't put conditions to love, it just comes on its own. You wait and see, I'll make her fall for me, before you guys complete the filming." He challegened me.

"Okay, lets see, what if you lose the challenge?" I asked him.

"If I lose the challenge, then I'll not date any girl for a year. And if I win, then you should kiss Edward on the lips." He said smirking at me.

"No way in hell am I going to do that." I whisper screamed.

"Yes way in heaven you'll do that, no more discussions now. I can hear Edward calling me. Will talk later bye." He said and rushed off. Idiot's friend, a bigger idiot.

After a while, Emily arrived and we were introduced to some of the company's staff. We started our work when the model arrived. Jason and Edward went to greet her. She hugged Edward. Okay, it's fine. Just work. It's fine Amelia.

EDWARD'S POV:

I greeted Jane, the model who was going to act for the advertisement. She hugged me which was kind of uncomfortable but we had been good friends, so I just went with it.

But kissing my cheek is a little too much, isn't it? after knowing that I'm married. I could see Amelia's face redden with anger. I gently pushed Jane's face away for which she became sad but I didn't care. After that, they started with the shoot.

I went to see the shoot. It was going pretty well. I turned to see Amelia who talking with a guy, I guess he was one of our staff members. He was being very close to Amelia, I hated it. She was so immersed in work that she didn't even observe that idiot touching her here and there.

I hurriedly walked towards him and pulled him away from her. She flinched at my action and he shouted "what the-" But he stopped when he saw me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I shouted at him for which he flinched.

"N-nothing s-sir." He stuttered.

"I saw you touching her here and there." I shouted again.

"No sir. I didn't." He said trying to act innocent.

"Should I check the cctv footage?" I said raising an eyebrow at him and he stood there dumbfounded.

"You are fired." I said and he ran away.