3 | THE MARRIAGE

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

EDWARD'S POV:

There were very less people in the wedding as we didn't want too much publicity with this wedding. I looked myself in the mirror one last time before going.

"How can a person be so sexy?" I asked myself looking at the mirror and winking. Now I'll make Amelia's jaw drop with this look. She will just fall in love with me in this attire but then I'll dump her. I went to Amelia's room to call her. I entered the room and the view in front of me was incredible.

Amelia in a wedding dress. I never imagined. She looked gorgeous. She didn't wear much make up, but still she looked beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." She said snapping me out of my imagination. This was total opposite of what I thought. I wanted her to react like this not the other way round. No, I can't fall for her beauty.

She laughed at me and anger surged through me. I got a plan.
As she walked holding the gown with her hands so that she does not slip down, I kept my leg in front and she was about to trip down which was what I wanted but my reflexes said otherwise, I instantly caught her hand which resisted her fall. All I got was a death glare from her.

Why? I wanted my revenge so badly? I got another idea, this time I'll not let it go in vain.

We took our vows and it was time to kiss the bride. I smirked as she came forward to kiss me but when she came very close to me, I moved my head away as if rejecting the kiss but everyone started laughing at her.

I should feel good right? But no, my conscience said otherwise, tears were forming in her eyes. It was not just fun anymore, she bent her head and as she was about to pull away, I grabbed her by her waist and kissed her. But to my surprise, she bit my lip out of anger and I winced in pain. Bitch. She smirked. She frickin smirked. Ughhhh.

AMELIA'S POV:

I felt very angry when he moved his face away, it was very insulting but when he pulled me back for a kiss. I was surprised, didn't expect him to do that, I thought he was still an immature idiot. But still, revenge is a revenge, so I bit his lips.

After a while, we sat in the car and were about to go to Edward's house (not the one in which his parents live). My clothes were already sent and the whole ride was silent and awkward. We finally reached.

I stepped down with my gown, it was very difficult but he didn't come to help, it was the driver who helped me with it. Driver cares more about me than that arrogant jerk.

The mansion was pretty big. It was very colorful and the interiors were just perfect, I could live here forever, I mean that's what I should do but still.

"Your room is on the left, if you have any doubts, call Hannah, our maid and don't disturb me." He ordered.

"Ya right? I don't have any work other than disturbing you." I said sarcastically.

"The same old dumb cow." He scoffed and left.

The audacity.

Arghhhh. I hate him.

Why did I even think that he has changed? Same old arrogant, jerk.

I went to my room, had a bath and changed into something comfortable and went down for dinner.

I saw Hannah and greeted her "Hello Hannah, this is Amelia." I said joyously.

"Hello ma'am, I'm your maid." She said. She looked like she was in her 30s and I didn't want her to call me ma'am.

"Don't call me ma'am, I don't like it, you're older than me." I told her.

"But-" she said and I cut her off.

"No buts Hannah, you can be my friend right?" I asked her pleadingly keeping puppy dog eyes.

"Why not?" She said ruffling my hair. She is so sweet, I love her.

EDWARD'S POV:

I got ready and went down to have dinner when I heard a cute conversation between Hannah and Amelia. I looked from behind smiling at her cute expression.

Why did I never see it before? Wait what am I even thinking? I already regret that kiss. I need to get a nice revenge from her.

I went and sat on the dining table clearing my throat for them to observe my presence and eventually they did. We both sat at the table opposite to each other and were having our dinner. I slowly pulled out a fake snake from my pocket and put it near her plate. Thankfully, she didn't observe it.

She had phone in her one hand which she was intensely involved in and unknowingly picked the snake up. After a minute, she snapped out of her phone and looked at her other hand. In an instant, she threw the snake away and jumped off the chair shouting "AHHHHHHHH , SNAKE, REMOVE THAT SNAKE IDIOT."

I laughed at her reaction and then she realized it was fake. "You asshole" she came to me and took one of her slippers and ran behind me. I laughed, laughed and ran hurriedly scared that she might catch me. "You will die in my hands today, you idiot." She ran even faster and I suddenly dashed into a couch and fell on it and she fell on top of me. Cliché. I know.

Our faces inches away, I could feel her breathe on my neck. Her face was red.
I got an idea. I flipped us over in such a way that I was on top of her now.
"Now, try to kill me." I whispered on her neck.

AMELIA'S POV:

"Now try to kill me". He said in a husky voice. My breath hitched, I couldn't bring myself to speak anything.
"What, are you at a loss for words?" He said bringing me back to the present.
"Get lost, idiot" Saying that I pushed him hard enough for me to get out of there.

My heart started beating faster. I could feel the rise in temperature of my body. Why am I suddenly feeling like this? He is an idiot that's it. Thinking that, I forcefully made myself sleep.