1 | CRASHED INTO HIM

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

AMELIA'S POV:
(25 years)

Currently, I was running late for work, so I tried to drive fast but seeing that I was getting nowhere due to the traffic pissed me off, I just wanted to dash through all the cars.

After reaching the parking lot, I hurriedly ran to the office which was 2 minutes from the parking lot. I suddenly crashed into someone. As infuriated as I was, I shouted on that person without looking

"Are you blind? Can't you see?" I shouted and shot my eyes up only to see a handsome, young man of my age but something in him made him look quite familiar.

"Excuse me, ma'am, are you dumb? You're the one who was running and now, why would you shout at me as if you're the victim?" He said getting irritated but the way he spoke, his green eyes, he really looked like someone I know.

"Do I know you by any chance?" I asked him without thinking.

"I don't but you too look very familiar to me." He said starting at me intensely.

Oh shit. The way he looked, oh shit he was my worst enemy in high school 'Edward Hiller'. I hate him to the core.

"Remember me, Mr. dumbass?" I said looking at him and he looked at me surprised as only I used to call him by that name in high school.

"No way in hell, is that you, Shitface?" He looked at me and laughed.

"It's been a while." He said extending his hand for a shakehand but as I soon as I extended my hand, he suddenly pulled back his hand running it through his hair. Argh. So irritating and the fact that I always fall for that joke.

"You are still the same Amelia, still a dumbass." He said laughing at me, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Don't shake your head too much, whatever little is left in that brain might also fall down." I said to him which left him with no words.

"Oh shit I gotta go, hope we never meet again." I said and left him.

Oh god, I'm late? my boss would kill me. I slowly tried to tiptoe inside the office, hoping no one would see me and surprisingly there was no one in the office, what the hell? I'm not the only one who got late, that's not possible.

As soon as I entered the office, I could feel a confetti blast on me and I turned to my side only to see all my colleagues standing there wishing me happy birthday. Ah it felt so good.

"Thank you everyone, it means a lot." I got all emotional and hugged everyone. To my surprise, even my boss came, she too hugged me very tightly and whispered in my ears "You are lucky that it's your birthday."

Yayy, I got rid of scoldings. I cut the cake which they all bought for me.

The company I worked in was a very small company, the boss was only the founder of the company, my best friend, Emily. All the employees were so sweet, no one took this job just for money but also to help Emily in her business and I was so happy to be one of them.

I left my workplace early to go to my parents'. I always meet them on my birthday. I missed them a lot especially Sara. I wonder how she is doing? With the company and all on her head.

I rode off to their house and after a while I reached a large building with a garden around it and huge ass gate in the front.

I entered the house and hugged my mom who opened the door. Then I saw my sister and ran to hug her tightly and squealed but she didn't do that and even my mom didn't show any excitement on her face. Something was definitely not right. Then my father entered the hall, adjusting his round spectacles.

"We have something to talk, Amelia." He said seriously.

Whenever he does something like this, it understandable that I would be in deep shit.

"Okay, dad." I said obediently.

We all sat at the dining table and my father started.

"You know what Sara did in the company right? The company which wanted to collaborate with us withdrew their offer but after me persuading them, they agreed it but on a condition." He said.

"What is the condition?" I asked curiously.

"A marriage proposal." He said and I was surprised. What the hell.

"No, I won't let Sara get married to a random idiot." I said like an overprotective sister.

"They already came to see your sister but they didn't like her and they wanted you." he said looking down.

"What? Wait I'm not going to marry him. Well I dont even know if it's a him or her." I said.

"Please Amelia, it's a very important deal for me, I can't let it go. Just meet him once." he implored me.

"No dad, it's not fair. I won't agree to it. It's so stupid. I don't understand how people mix their business life with private life." I said getting angry on them and ran into my sister's room.

After a while, Sara entered the room. "Hey sis" She greeted me but I ignored her.

"You don't have to do it you know, those people wanted you because you have the same age as their son, and if you wouldn't agree then they would eventually choose me and I'm fine with it, just say no." She sighed.

"How can I let you marry some random stranger like that, if it should happen then only I should go and not you. You still have a nice career ahead you and I can't risk that by letting you marry someone you don't know. It should be me or no one." I said and she teared up.

"You're so pure sis, I'm so sorry. Because of my messed up work, this happened. I think running a company is not for me." She said crying on my shoulder.

"Hey, don't you dare think like that. You're awesome Sara, just because of one mistake, you can't think like that. You know a fact, JK Rowling, the author of Harry Potter had her book rejected 12 times but did she give up? No right and now it is like one of the best selling book series." I said knowing that she loved Harry Potter. I mean, who doesn't?

After talking to her for a while, she gave me my birthday present, which was a normal coffee mug but had mine and her pictures customized on it. Nice choice of gift though. I kissed her forehead and she slept beside me.

I couldn't sleep. I was scared for what was coming. Can I live with a total stranger? Will he like me? Will I like him? What if he is abusive? God that scared the shit out of me.

I couldn't sleep so I went to my parents' room and sneaked between them on their bed and hugged my mom tightly who was still awake and saw me crying.

"Momma, will I be okay? What if he is bad and beats me everyday?" I sniffled.

"It's going to be okay sweety, if he ever hurts you, me and dad will come and beat the shit out of him." she giggled and I laughed between my sniffles.

Just like that I dozed off in her hands.

-----‐---------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hope you all liked the first chapter.
Any potterheads?

Please vote and comment.