7 | IT IS HIM

Jason:
Dumbass we have a meeting today with the new company. Come fast.

Me:
Coming.

I totally forgot about my meeting today and the next second, phone was ringing. But it was not mine, it was Amelia's.

She suddenly woke up and picked up the call. "Shit, I'll be there in half an hour." She said and cut the call.

"You are also in a hurry? Wow even I got a call to come fast, what a coincidence." I said chuckling like an idiot.

"That's because we both overslept idiot." She said rushing to her room.
Even I went to get ready.

While having breakfast she told me that her company got the first biggest offer. I was happy for her.

I dropped her to her office and reached my company's building.

I saw Jason running towards me.
"You're late bro, we still have a lot to prepare before our meeting with the advertising company." He said and we both hurried inside.

Jason was the company's lawyer. He was my best friend. He was always supportive and even though he was a lawyer, he used to help me with a lot of work, suggested me ideas for a new product and what not.

We completed the arrangements and it was time for the meeting so I and Jason seated ourselves.

After a while 2 women entered the room. As I looked at them I was shocked. It was Amelia and another girl. What the hell. We were collaborating with the company she worked in? How come I didn't know about that?

Jason nudged my shoulder from side and whispered "What is your wife doing here?"

"I don't know, I guess she works in that company." I told.

"You guess? Bro you dropped her like twice to her company and you don't know? Like seriously, did you not care to see the company's name?" He said.

"I don't know bro, didn't seem that important." I said casually but only I knew how surprised I was.

"Guess someone was too busy staring at his wife to observe the name of the company." He said smiling like an idiot.

"Shut up idiot."

AMELIA'S POV:

As we entered the room, I saw 2 two men talking something and then suddenly one of them turned their heads. Shit. It's him. No, no, no I'm not gonna do a presentation in front of him. If I go wrong somewhere, he will tease me to death. Noooooo!!!!!

But its my job, I can't afford to mix private and professional life.

Be professional Amelia, you can do it.

"Nice to meet you sir, I'm Emily Parker. Emily said shaking her hand with Edward.

This is my employee and friend Amelia Williams." She said pointing towards me and I shook my hand with him.

He smirked at me. That idiot.
"Hello, Ms. Parker I'm Edward Hiller and this is Jason Evans." He greeted and we started with the presentation.

The presentation went well but we got stuck at 2-3 places. I observed Edward who was keenly listening to whatever we were saying. I expected him to tease me in middle of the presentation but he didn't. He was serious when it came to work. That's a new side of him which I hadn't seen before.

After we completed the presentation, the other guy, Jason looked impressed and started clapping with a smile on his face but Edward didn't. He was still pretty serious.