15 | barracuda mike

Start from the beginning

"I'm guessing you're heading out too?" John B says.

"Yeah, I'm going to take a stroll back to my house for old times sake." JJ informs. "Do you want to come with me, Ly?"

"Yeah, sure." Delilah replies. "I need to go to mine and pack a bag anyway."

"Are you guys definitely going to be at the airstrip in an hour?" John B asks.

"Do you think so little of us?" Delilah questions in a playful tone.

"No, but I just know that you're both the worst at keeping track of time." John B tells her.

"Okay, rude." Delilah fires back. "But we'll be there, don't worry, JB."

"I've always wanted to go to South America. Great surf, cheap weed." JJ states.

Delilah smiles. "Sounds like a dream to me."

✦ · · · · ──────────── · · · · ✦

Within JJ's house, which still has an eviction notice plastered on the door outside, Delilah can be found standing in the living room; she refuses to sit down on the couch since JJ's father used to pass out while laying on it many times before. Delilah watches as JJ currently rummages through the crowded mess with a backpack held in his hand. Like Delilah had done minutes ago, JJ is packing a couple of his belongings into the bag, preparing for the trip to South America.

"I don't know what to bring." JJ complains.

"Just pack some clothes and anything else you might need." Delilah tells him. "You literally sat on my bed and watched me pack earlier."

"I know, but I wasn't paying attention." JJ admits.

"Yeah, because you were trying to get my attention instead." Delilah states with a smile.

"I was bored, and I wanted my gorgeous girlfriend in my arms. What can I say?" JJ reasons, shrugging.

Delilah laughs. "Shut up and pack your stuff, J."

"Aren't you going to offer me any help?" JJ asks.

"Nope." Delilah simply replies.

Suddenly, the sound of a car's engine can be heard as it pulls up outside, revving loudly. Delilah is quick to snap her head towards the sound that disturbs their peace, catching sight of a black car parking on top of the lawn. Her eyes widen, knowing that neither her nor JJ has invited anyone to come over — besides, none of their friends drive that car. JJ, on the other hand, doesn't seem to notice due to the fact he's just talking to himself, too lost in his own thoughts.

"J?" Delilah quickly calls.

"Yeah, angel?" JJ replies with a hum.

"You don't happen to know anyone who owns a kind of nice-looking black car, do you?" Delilah questions.

"Shit." JJ curses under his breath.

In one swift movement, the blonde shoves a handful of his belongings inside his backpack before zipping it shut. He swings the bag over one of his shoulders and slips his other arm through the second strap in order to secure it onto his back. JJ then crosses the room to meet Delilah's side.