Chapter 17- Yearning hearts

Start from the beginning

Mariya felt his stiffened muscles relax slowly, indicating a fit of relief. He turned to look at her with a soft smile on his face, only to see his expressions mirrored in hers. It wasn't a bad decision to trust her after all.

He cleared his throat, bringing them both out of their trance__ a world of two.

" I have an earnest favour to ask of you..." Zayn commenced. " It's very much needed."

" Go on!" She urged him.

Instead of saying whatever he wanted to say,he stared at her for a while and sighed.
Mariya wondered what the hesitance was all about.

The favour he intends to seek from her was nothing but a responsibility. A huge one.

" Malika," he called her by her other name. " This is my house. And I will be
very elated if you turn it into a home. A safe place for both of us. A haven." He stated,not meeting her gaze. However,he hoped from the depth of his heart that she'll accept the responsibility gladly.

"Inshaa Allah. I will. Gladly." She beamed.

" Let's go upstairs then. I have to show you our room." He suggested and Mariya nodded in agreement. Her mind still lingered on the 'our room' that he had uttered.

They both headed upstairs, walking side by side. Upon reaching their room,Zayn politely opened the door and stood aside for her to go in and said; " You first."

Mariya nodded and muttered a ' thank you ' before stepping inside. After freshening up,both of them made up for their missed Maghreb prayer, which was as a result of the long ride from the palace.

*~*

Hassan was woken up by the incessant ringing of his phone. When the very first call came through,he decided to ignore it and continue with his sleep since it was so dear to him at the moment. He had changed his mind a few moments later, because the caller wouldn't give up.
He yawned widely and then stretched his hand to grab his phone that lay on top of his bedside drawer.
He hissed loudly when he saw the caller's ID.
Why would Sa'eed bell him middle of the night? Probably,he needs a place to hide from the police and the army,who are hell bent on hunting him down.

Before Hassan could think of calling him,his call came through,there and then.
He swiped across the screen of his phone to get the call connected.

" Coward,are you finally tired of running away?" Hassan asked in a sleepy voice,right after the call got connected.

" Shut the fuck up!" Sa'eed roared. " It's raining outside. Come and open the door for me. I'm in your house." Sa'eed was frustrated and it wasn't the right time to get on his nerves.

" Fine. I'm coming." He agreed and ended the call. Tossing the duvet that once warmed his body aside,her got off his cozy bed. He slid his feet into a pair of slippers and headed outside to open the doors for Sa'eed.

*~*

Hassan pushed open the huge doors that led to the grand hall of his mansion,only to see Sa'eed and his right hand man, Akilu, standing at the other side of the door. They were drenched in the rain.

He had wanted to question them on how they got past the main gate,but he aborted the idea. It was normal to expect such things from the two men standing in front of him.
He made a mental note to secure his residence properly.