17.

Raj has been helping me through my pregnancy. He always comes to me to talk about something but I think he is restraining himself.
"Raj, aap kuch khena chahate hain?" I asked him as now I wanted to know what he wanted to say.
"Kuch toh nhi" he lied. I knew he didn't wanted to give me stress but someday he has to tell me.
I glared at him and signalled him to tell me.
He sighed and said that he wanted to tell me about the poison I was fed.
I nodded and he asked me if I was ready to hear about it.
I again nodded and told him to just tell me.
He started off by saying sorry. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. He took my hands in his and said that it was his mother who poisoned me.
I was shocked but not suprised.
She was not his real mother. She was the second wife of his father and she did not like Raj, the hate of his step mother towards him was visible to the whole kingdom but him. He respects her, a lot.
"Aru, hame maaf krdijie, ham nhi jante the ki maasa kuch aesa kr baithengi. Hame samjh nhi aa rha ham kya kren.
Jo unhone kiya, wo bohot galat tha. Koi hamari patni ke sath kuch aesa kre, ham chup nhi reh sakte, p-par.. maasa aesa kyu krengi?"  He asked with a heavy hoarse voice with tears in his eyes.
I knew that it was difficult for him to accept the fact that it was the person whom he called a mother. He was sad. He was angry. I could feel his emotions. It must have been difficult for him to keep this inside him for so long. I was glad that he told me.