4.

It's my mehendi today.

I was getting ready with attendees' help. Everything was going on smoothly when my head maid came to me and informed me about the chaos in the palace.
They were talking about Yuvraj's affair.
I knew it was the end of me, now everybody knew that we were in a relationship, and I was on the verge of crying. My reputation, his, everything was ruined now. My mind was not working properly, I had no idea what to do. The only thing which was coming to my mind was to go and talk to Raj.

I ran in the search of him. I went everywhere, but I couldn't find him. Finally, I went to the courtroom and there was a discussion going on about cancelling my marriage since Yuvraj had another affair.
I was in utter shock and very confused. I looked towards his direction to understand what was happening and he signalled that it was fine. After standing there and grasping the situation, I understood what they were thinking, they thought that Yuvraj was having an affair with another woman as the maid found some strands of hair on his overcoat.
I knew they were mine.
How can this be the talk of today, how can this create an issue? This was all I could think of.
His mother defended him and I very well knew that this could create a huge hassle.
Last night, we just met for a few minutes and that must've left a few hairs on him.
Finally, it was his time to speak. He denied all the acquisitions and claimed to be pure.
Since here my father was the last judge, he concluded that the hair could've fallen from anywhere and there were no grounds on which he was been accused. And he ordered us to go on with the rituals.

After the little drama was over, his mother asked me to come to her room to collect some gifts and also called Raj.

I came into her room, I could hear him talking to his mother in a soft voice.

" Aradana, andar aaiye" he said politely.

I nodded and came inside the room.
His mother asked me to come closer and as I did she spoke.
"Ham jaante hai kya chal raha hai aap dono ke beech, kal raat ham a rhe the aapke kamre me ye toufe dene toh hamne dekh liya." she bluntly said

I bowed my head in embarrassment.

"Ye baat parde ke piche hi rahe toh accha hoga, aap dono ye baat aache se jante honge" she said swiftly and handed me the gifts.

After a while we were asked to go back. While walking back into our rooms he whispered "buddhi ho rhi hain aap"
"Ji? "
"Haan, baal jo jhad rhe hain aapke"
" Hame kya pata tha, aap hamare baal le jate hain saath me, hamse zyada toh hamre baal hi priya honge aapko" I taunted " aap jante hain ham kitna dar gye the, jab hame pata chala toh"
He also said that at first he felt very confused and after that the talks started getting funnier but at last our secret was behind the curtains.